PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed

MIKE TAYLOR
12/02/2006, 06:22 AM
Hi Vxers.
I Have A 1998 Vx & I Live In Northern Ireland.
The Vehicle Is Displaying The Tod Check Light (flashing).
This Only Happened After Very Heavy Rain. The Engine Completely Dies & Won't Restart Albeit That It Cranks Over. Ther Is No Power At The Fuel Pump Or At The Spark Plugs. After 2 Days In The Garage The Light Went Off & The Engine Started & Went Perfectly. Then Back Into The Heavy Rain & Yea It Quit Again With The Same Light Flashing. Ihave Checked All The Sensors Wires On The Transmission For Corrosion And They Seem To Be Fine & Also On The Front Axle Housing.
There Does Not Seem To Be Another Vx Here At Home & The Main Dealers Haven't Even Heard Of A Vx. The Owners Manual I Have Is In Japanese Which Doesn't Help Me At All.
I Would Be Very Grateful For Info On This Light & What It Relates To & Also If Anybody Out There Has Had The Same Problem & Hopefully A Fix For It.
Yuors In Hope Mike.

HI V XERS,
EVENTUALLY GOT ,PROBLEM SOLVED. LONG STORY!
AFTER TRACING MILES OF WIRE FOR DAYS & CHECKIN EVERY CONNECT, TRACED AFTER MARKET ALARM (TOAD) & FOUND THAT WHAT ACCORDING TO RECIEPT WAS MEANT TO BE A PROFESSIONAL JOB TURN OUT TO BE FITTED BY A BRICK LAYER!!!! RIPPED IT OUT AS IT HAD BURNT FUEL PUMP & PCM RELAYS. CHANGED THEM & BANG OFF THE BEAST WENT AGAIN. SO FINGERS CROSSED & MANY MANY THANKS FOR ALL ADVICE & KNOW HOW REC'D FROM YOU GUYS.
MERRY XMAS HAPPY V XER

rowhard
12/02/2006, 06:40 AM
Sorry, I can't help you but I sure will follow this thread since we had 19.5 inches of rain here in Olympia Washington in November.

Ruflyf
12/02/2006, 08:44 AM
Definately sounds like a short somewhere, I would try the wiring harness right behind the (american drivers side) headlight. I know Anita has had some experience with it and so have I. In my case it would blow the 40amp ecm fuse under the hood. I looked around the harness and couldnt really find anything, but I must have wiggled it enough to where it no longer shorts because I havent had a problem with it for about 4-5 months.

Anita
12/02/2006, 10:32 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=1394&highlight=wiring+harness

It is possible you are getting either water in the wiring harness connector or that the wires are fraying. Check the above thread and also do a search on "wiring harness".