PDA

View Full Version : CEL showing codes

Ruflyf
12/02/2006, 07:15 PM
Well I guess my baby was feeling left out, because out of the blue the CEL just lit up right after starting the engine this evening. I took it down to Autozone for a read, and this is what it was showing;

p0135---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 1 in bank 1.

p0141---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 2 in bank 1.

p0155---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 1 in bank 2.

p0161---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 2 in bank 2.

I did a little searching but most of the info was related to voltage issues concerning the o2 sensors. Any ideas if this is a false reading or should I start looking for the replacement sensors? Also does anyone know if the "heater circuit" is part of the o2 sensor?

I am about to start looking through the downloadable vx manual but thought I'd throw this out there in case someone has already been down this road. Also i wasnt able to see if the codes are recurring since Autozone would not reset the codes. Guess I'll have to find a different place for that.

nfpgasmask
12/02/2006, 07:45 PM
It seems like ALL OF US are having problems lately? WTF?

:( Bart

Ruflyf
12/02/2006, 08:01 PM
no kiddin, I hope your water problem turns out to be minor.

Ldub
12/02/2006, 08:09 PM
Well I guess my baby was feeling left out, because out of the blue the CEL just lit up right after starting the engine this evening. I took it down to Autozone for a read, and this is what it was showing;

p0135---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 1 in bank 1.

p0141---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 2 in bank 1.

p0155---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 1 in bank 2.

p0161---malfunction in the heater circuit for o2 sensor 2 in bank 2.

I did a little searching but most of the info was related to voltage issues concerning the o2 sensors. Any ideas if this is a false reading or should I start looking for the replacement sensors? Also does anyone know if the "heater circuit" is part of the o2 sensor?

I am about to start looking through the downloadable vx manual but thought I'd throw this out there in case someone has already been down this road. Also i wasnt able to see if the codes are recurring since Autozone would not reset the codes. Guess I'll have to find a different place for that.

Disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour to clear the codes.

Ruflyf
12/03/2006, 03:33 PM
Did the disconnect today and so far the codes havent shown back up, will be able to drive it more tomorrow.

nocturnalVX
12/03/2006, 07:13 PM
My check engine light is on, and I'm bringing the VX in tomorrow morning to get checked out...

nfpgasmask
12/03/2006, 08:39 PM
Wow, it is weird how many of us are having issues at the moment. There is a full moon tonight...

So you are going in to see Espo? I wish there was an Espo's out here.

I'm still dripping.

Bart

My check engine light is on, and I'm bringing the VX in tomorrow morning to get checked out...

ameetw
12/05/2006, 01:47 AM
Wow, it is weird how many of us are having issues at the moment. There is a full moon tonight...

So you are going in to see Espo? I wish there was an Espo's out here.

I'm still dripping.

Bart

:( My Vx just flashed the Check engine light. Argh!!!!!! I guess I'll have to send it in for a check up.

johnnyapollo
12/05/2006, 04:37 AM
Changes in weather are causing it I think.

-- John

nfpgasmask
12/05/2006, 08:05 AM
You know, I was thinking the same thing about my coolant leak. I bet with the colder weather, seals contract and could cause a leak. Just a thought I had.

Bart

Changes in weather are causing it I think.

-- John