PDA

View Full Version : RENO MINI-MEET? (Maybe Sacramento, too)

nfpgasmask
12/05/2006, 08:53 AM
Anyone in the Reno area wanna get together for a mini-meet this weekend?

I am going to try to hook up with CrnCnn Saturday or Sunday. So, if anyone wants to come out and kick up a little dirt, lets do it!

Bob, I think even though you are selling your Green Dragon you should still come out! I wouldn't mind scoping your VX! It looks like you did alot of modding!

:p Bart

kpaske
12/05/2006, 11:22 AM
Hey Bart,

The family and I might be going down to the Sacramento area on X-Mas weekend. Our plans aren't final, but we've been known to include side trips to Reno. If you'll be around, we should link up, even if it's just to grab some food and chat about our rides. We usually stop at the famous Lobster buffet on our way back to Cali. Unfortunately I won't be driving the VX though... :(

Kyle

nfpgasmask
12/05/2006, 11:35 AM
Thas cool, just PM me when you know something.

Hopefully, this weekend we can do a little gather up....but if it ends up just me and Clint, thas cool wit me!

Bart

Hey Bart,

The family and I might be going down to the Sacramento area on X-Mas weekend. Our plans aren't final, but we've been known to include side trips to Reno. If you'll be around, we should link up, even if it's just to grab some food and chat about our rides. We usually stop at the famous Lobster buffet on our way back to Cali. Unfortunately I won't be driving the VX though... :(

Kyle

certz656
12/05/2006, 11:52 AM
Not sure if I'll be coming to Reno this weekend, but if I do, PM me to give me a location for meeting. I'll be coming from Round Mountain, 250 miles away in central Nv. I'll be in my 99 Ironman, considering the weather is so unpredictable out here, been in the low teens to single digits in the mornings, but hopefully no snow.

nfpgasmask
12/05/2006, 11:56 AM
Hey Man, cool. Once I get some details, I will let you know. I am thinking we could do a little wheeling up by Pyramid Lake or down by Virginia City.

Hopefully once Clint chimes in, we can settle on a day and time. I am 100% wide open all weekend, so I am game for Saturday or Sunday. I'd love to see your Ironman, as I have never seen one before.

Bart

Not sure if I'll be coming to Reno this weekend, but if I do, PM me to give me a location for meeting. I'll be coming from Round Mountain, 250 miles away in central Nv. I'll be in my 99 Ironman, considering the weather is so unpredictable out here, been in the low teens to single digits in the mornings, but hopefully no snow.

CrnCnn
12/05/2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Bart,

I should be open all weekend as well. I will have to double check with Cari(wife) to make sure but I am certain the only thing we had planned was on Friday. Come to think of it I think she has a thing Sunday, I will let you know tomorrow.

Peace

Clint

nfpgasmask
12/06/2006, 09:19 AM
Cool man, just let me know. Where do you want to meet?

I can come down by you if you want. Do you know any close trails down that way?

Bart

Hey Bart,

I should be open all weekend as well. I will have to double check with Cari(wife) to make sure but I am certain the only thing we had planned was on Friday. Come to think of it I think she has a thing Sunday, I will let you know tomorrow.

Peace

Clint

CrnCnn
12/06/2006, 05:32 PM
Ok, Saturday it is.

The only trails I know are actually dirt roads but I really don’t know were they lead. I took a few in the VX a few weeks after we got it, though I didn’t go far cause it had regular tires on it and I was all by myself.

If you think are more familiar with your area, then we can come out that way.

Let me know what you think.

Peace

Clint

nfpgasmask
12/06/2006, 06:00 PM
Wanna meet at noon? This gives us enought time to wake up and do a few things first. Then we can head out. I know of a few decent trails up off North Virginia that head out into the mountains. If you want, we can meet up for a bite to eat at Big Pig BBQ and then go from there. Do you like BBQ sandwiches/ribs? This place is good, and cheap. Then we can wheel up the mountain side for a while, and take some shots of our rides and then head home.

Sound good?

Anyone else wanna join in?

Bart

CrnCnn
12/06/2006, 07:23 PM
Sounds good. We love us some BBQ. Meet at the Big PIg at noon.

Clint

nfpgasmask
12/06/2006, 07:31 PM
OK then, that's the plan.

Here is the address if you don't already know:

Big Pig Smoke House
1999 Selmi Dr
Reno, NV 89512
(775) 324-1001

Take 395 N to McCarran, go Left on McCarran and then Right on ClearAcre. Big Pig is just up on the left.

See you there,

Bart

Ldub
12/06/2006, 08:38 PM
Sounds good. We love us some BBQ. Meet at the Big PIg at noon.

Clint

D' they got soup at this here place ?

nfpgasmask
12/06/2006, 09:37 PM
They might have chili, but I can't remember. Ur welcome to come down and find out!

;) Bart

D' they got soup at this here place ?

nfpgasmask
12/09/2006, 06:30 PM
So I met CrnCnn's silver VX today with him and his wife. We stuffed down some que and then hit the foothills for a bit. The sun was shining and it was surprisingly warm today in Reno...

It was cool enough to see 2 VXs rollin on the same trail, I could only imagine how bitchin' it is on the VX only run in Moab!

Anyway, Here are a few pics!

Thanks for coming out guys!

Bart

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/021.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/022.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/023.jpg

http://www.nofuture.com/myvx/pics/024.jpg

CrnCnn
12/09/2006, 09:08 PM
Good times. It was fun. Have to meet up again

nfpgasmask
12/09/2006, 09:20 PM
Fo sheezey.

:) Bart

Good times. It was fun. Have to meet up again

CrnCnn
12/14/2006, 09:20 PM
Here is my contribution to our mini meet. I didn’t bring a real camera so the crappy phone pics will have to do.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/SP_A0089.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/SP_A0088.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/SP_A0087.jpg

nfpgasmask
12/14/2006, 09:25 PM
No, no, these are good cause you can't see the huge dent on the back of my VX ;)

Bart

PHO2GR4
12/15/2006, 10:35 PM
I'm jealous, you guys. I spent all day shivering in the Worst Wind Storm in Seattle History, while you guys were out getting a tan.

That's just wrong. Then you posted photos, which made me sad. Rubbing it in, and such.

CrnCnn
12/16/2006, 05:02 AM
You should have come down.

We will be getting ours soon enough... I HATE snow...

CrnCnn
02/02/2007, 06:30 PM
We should get another meet together. Maybe the next few weeks. Sound good to anyone?

nfpgasmask
02/02/2007, 10:23 PM
I'm down, your turn to pick the place... :)

Bart

We should get another meet together. Maybe the next few weeks. Sound good to anyone?

Mark B
02/03/2007, 05:21 AM
Wish I could be there, but I will be in Reno Monday February 12 then going to Lake Tahoe Skiing for the rest of the week.

kpaske
02/03/2007, 08:27 AM
I may be in the Sacramento area again before too long... Sorry I never made it out to Reno last time. :(

CrnCnn
02/03/2007, 08:51 AM
I was goofin off the other day at the end of my street, were the dirt bikes play.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/SP_A0320.jpg

cyronman
02/12/2007, 04:42 PM

Hey guys, it looks like I'll be headed up to S. Tahoe this weekend, is that close enough for any of you?
I'll probably be getting in friday afternoon and leaving for Sacramento monday morning.
?

nfpgasmask
02/12/2007, 04:50 PM
Well, from where I live, its about an hour to get to Heavenly. But the problem is, I will be in Monterey all weekend with the Mrs. for Valentines Day. I leave Friday afternoon and come back Sunday night late....

Bart

Hey guys, it looks like I'll be headed up to S. Tahoe this weekend, is that close enough for any of you?
I'll probably be getting in friday afternoon and leaving for Sacramento monday morning.
?

CrnCnn
02/12/2007, 05:06 PM
Well, from where I live, its about an hour to get to Heavenly. But the problem is, I will be in Monterey all weekend with the Mrs. for Valentines Day. I leave Friday afternoon and come back Sunday night late....

Bart

Ahhh. Cannery Row

CrnCnn
02/12/2007, 05:18 PM
?

I might be able to make it up, cant ski or anything, but maybe I can get up there.

cyronman
02/12/2007, 05:30 PM
Cool, let's see how the week turns out and maybe we can meet.
Was it you that was going to that parts yard in Sac. no too long ago?

CrnCnn
02/12/2007, 05:36 PM
Cool, let's see how the week turns out and maybe we can meet.

Sounds good. Nope wasnt me.

Ascinder
02/12/2007, 06:27 PM

Nope, that was me. It didn't really turn out to be a parts yard so to speak. They actually won't even let you in there. You can call and see if they had what you want, but don't rely on the pictures from their website, the guy I talked to said they only had like one VX and literally the only thing remaining was drivetrain. I still need to pick up the intake manifiold that I went down for in the first place.

TEN36VX
02/15/2007, 01:36 AM
?
I am available for Tahoe or Sac. My wife wants to take the kids to the snow anyway...

cyronman
02/19/2007, 12:13 PM
OK,
so We've had NO wireless service until this morning, and it's pretty unstable as it is.
Is anyone able for a quick meet still today? We're still in S. Tahoe and will probably stick around for the day because traffic is STOPPED on the 50 back to Sac.
The laptop is about 3 minutes away from dead right now so I'll have to charge it and check back a little later.
If anyone's comfortable PMing their phone number we could arrange a little easier.
Also, nyone know if traffic should be bad going to Reno?

CrnCnn
02/19/2007, 12:32 PM
OK,
so We've had NO wireless service until this morning, and it's pretty unstable as it is.
Is anyone able for a quick meet still today? We're still in S. Tahoe and will probably stick around for the day because traffic is STOPPED on the 50 back to Sac.
The laptop is about 3 minutes away from dead right now so I'll have to charge it and check back a little later.
If anyone's comfortable PMing their phone number we could arrange a little easier.

I cant make it, working, VX alignment, then taking the wife to dinner for our 2 yr wedding anniversary. Sorry.

nfpgasmask
02/19/2007, 01:14 PM
I'll be in Reno tonight, but I can't make the drive down to S. Tahoe. But if you end up in Reno, gimme a call.

Bart

OK,

cyronman
02/19/2007, 05:28 PM
So I went out to start up the VX a while ago, to go grab some brunch and possibly head up to Reno...
and the battery was dead!
Had to wait for my buddy to get back and jump it, and it wouldn't stay running with my foot off the gas. (We hadn't driven it since we got in Friday night)
Panicked for about a half hour, then tried it again. It stayed alive, but was very weak. Drove it around the parking lot for a bit, left it running for a good 45 minutes, shut it off, restarted it okay.
Took it to a Midas just down the street and they ran a (free) check on the battery. While doing so, my gf discovered that she "quite possibly" left the map light on the rear view on when we parked. Test showed the battery was fine.
Needless to say, we just jumped in and headed to Sacramento, just got here. I'm going to check it again in a couple of hours but I'm sure that it was the light that drained it and nothing too serious.
As for a meet-up...next time, huh?