PDA

View Full Version : New Year Headlights

VXRoadster
01/01/2007, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone. I have debated on selling my VX for months and just can not seem to do it (the new unlimited wrangler is just calling...very tempting). Anyway, like several of the post I have read tonight my lights look pretty rough and need a makeover. Many months ago I read a post from a member that polished his lights and had them covered with a 3M film. I have looked all over and can not find his post. It included instructions as well as a contact for the shop that added the 3M film. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also any tips on replacing you wiper arms as mine are pretty rusty. Last but not least any tips on changing the fluid in the VX sealed transmission system?

Thanks...VXRoadster

Found the Post...have not been on the site for some time. My thanks to ROHARD, IndianaVX and all the other helpful member post on this site.

rowhard
01/01/2007, 06:38 PM
Glad you found the thread I wrote. There was another thread that was for milder deterioration. As far as your wiper arms, think about just cleaning them up and repainting. Works fine and last along time till you need to do it again.

IndianaVX
01/01/2007, 08:40 PM
Glad to have helped, if i did. and also suggesting cleaning up the wiper arms, and painting. does wonders, and gets you closer to your vx. welcome back

VXRoadster
01/02/2007, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the helpful information. I am going to give my VX a makeover within the next few months. Planned upgrades are... Tone Monday's trailer hitch (for towing the GSXR's), VX Concepts skip plates (front and rear), refresh wiper arms as suggested, have the cladding painted with clear coating, clean up the headlights, and replace all stock speakers for improved sound.

Any suggestions for improved looks...my VX is a 1999 Ebony. The interior is almost new as I have taken great care of her.

Anyone know where to aquire floor mats and two back headrest for the rear seat?

Thanks...VXRoadster

IndianaVX
01/06/2007, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE= have the cladding painted with clear coating,/QUOTE]

roadster,
i would paint the cladding black first, then clearcoat. just couldnt let you clearcoat grey, faded cladding...........:p

PHO2GR4
01/07/2007, 08:56 PM
And if you paint your cladding black, be sure you do NOT hit any deer.

It ruins the cladding.

(Sorry Mark!) :cool: