PDA

View Full Version : Which Morgan-Tec muffler do I want?

PHO2GR4
02/16/2007, 09:28 PM
Hi all,

You're all smarter than me. Which Morgan-Tec muffler do I want? Just tell me and I'll buy it. I'm easy that way.

Single in single out? Single in dual out? Dual in single out? Dual in dual out?

Stainless or mild steel?

Which inlet tubing size? 2.25 inches, 2.5 or 3.0?

Which outlet tubing size? 2.25 inches, 2.5 or 3.0?

My thoughts: nobody will really SEE the muffler, so would the $20 Stainless Steel upgrade cost be better spent elsewhere? Do larger outlet tubes mean MORE noise or less? Or is it just for looks?

Also: everyone says this, but I mean it: I DON'T want a farty rice-rocket sound...I want a meaty, throaty, mean old growly sound. Mainly I just want some extra horses, though.

Ideas? Thoughts?

cyronman
02/16/2007, 09:59 PM
Awesome questions, I was ready to post this very thread myself in about a month.

Can't wait to see some opinions.

Knigh7s
02/16/2007, 11:44 PM
Single In/Dual Out, 2.5"-3.0" outlet, inlet size dunno, stainless.

thats what i would have gotten if i had the money...

etlsport
02/17/2007, 05:47 AM
anything you can get.. last i heard morgan-tec isnt making parts anymore :(

i was gonna go with a 2.5 single in single out with extra baffles to keep volume down

i also remeber reading somewhere that the position of your muffler relative to the exhaust tip will change your sound some.... dont remember how but i think it was the closer your muffler is to the exhaust tip the louder its going to be

VCrossfan
02/17/2007, 06:05 AM
I've had a morgan-tec stainless on for about 2 years now and I love it. Single in / Dual out 2.25" and I also had him weld some extra baffles inside to soften it. Great workmanship.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/1217mvc-026s.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1217mvc-026s.jpg)

Tone
02/17/2007, 08:01 AM
I don't want to bum anybody out but my understanding is he will not be offering mufflers any more - he changed jobs and they were not as forgiving to his other 'business'. We had been working on a custom muffler for the ML and after 2 prototypes he had to call it quits.

PHO2GR4
02/17/2007, 02:22 PM
Okay, etlsport and Tone, you guys are TOTALLY BUMMING ME OUT, man. I find it hard to believe that somebody would stop making mufflers for our beloved VXs. Next you'll tell me that Nikon is phasing out film cameras!...

...what's that? Nikon IS phasing out film cameras?!? DAMN! :mad:

Oh well. I sent a contact form to Morgan-Tec via their website, and I'll report back with any replies I receive.

morgan-tec
02/17/2007, 07:09 PM
Well i guess its my turn to bum everyone out. I am down for now, i started a new job and i honestly have no time for morgan-tec as well as losing my hookup for material. I will stay in touch with you guys for sure and if anything changes i will make sure that you guys are the first to know. On a side note i am selling the axiom in full trim, its on ebay for 17,500, which is a total steal!!!! Anyways i am always here for any of your performance and or exhaust ?s so feel free to email me or pm me. Thanks to all of you for your support and business.

Mike

PHO2GR4
02/17/2007, 07:33 PM
Well, Shiite.

Any other options?!? Anyone? PowerVault is gone too.

Am I stuck with my rusty old stock muffler for LIFE?!?

Ascinder
02/17/2007, 07:50 PM
Why not just get a normal performance muffler like a Borla, Hooker, Flowmaster, SuperTrapp, etc?

PHO2GR4
02/17/2007, 08:03 PM
BWAAAA-haa ha...you said 'Hooker'.

Sorry.

I guess I was 'hooked' on the idea of the Morgan-Tec muffler bcause so many VXers had good luck with them.

I can check out Flowmaster and the others, I suppose.

rowhard
02/17/2007, 08:08 PM
I had contacted Mike (Morgan tec) earlier. He suggested Magna Flow for similar sound and quality. I know nothing more about them then I do PV's or Mike's home made one's, just thought I would share what he said.

CrnCnn
02/17/2007, 08:18 PM
WTF!!!

I was looking into the dual outlet muffler for my next mod. GRRR. I was under the VX today doing the lift and almost cried at how skinny those pipes are.

Knigh7s
02/18/2007, 02:45 AM
this is a bummer... I buy my VX wanting to buy stuff from Ron, then he quits, and/or the parts i wanted are discontinued, now i planned on buying some parts from MT next month when my cash flow evens out, and then he has to quit?! :(

i guess i have to find a new vehicle?! oops did i say that out loud?!

[ducks 'n hides!]

CrnCnn
02/18/2007, 08:37 AM
this is a bummer... I buy my VX wanting to buy stuff from Ron, then he quits, and/or the parts i wanted are discontinued, now i planned on buying some parts from MT next month when my cash flow evens out, and then he has to quit?! :(

i guess i have to find a new vehicle?! oops did i say that out loud?!

[ducks 'n hides!]

getting frustrating isnt it
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/mechanic_stuck_under_hood_md_wht.gif

tomdietrying
02/18/2007, 09:26 AM
Easy fix. Flow Master one in two out. I get a lot of compliments on the sound.
Peace.
Tom

PHO2GR4
02/18/2007, 09:54 AM
Hi Tom,

I visited the Flow Master website, and they have about a million different options. Are there any specific models you like? They have quite a few sound-clips online, so I thought I could listen to the one (or 'ones') that are the best fit for our VXs.

Thanks for the tip!

morgan-tec
02/18/2007, 04:29 PM
I am really sorry guys, i did not mean to let you all down. But i started and ran morgan-tec as a second job with the intent to go full time but the volume never materiaized. And when i started my new main job it just takes too much of my time to keep up both. As for an alternative i would suggest magnaflow mufflers, you will probibly not find a direct replacment but you can buy on of their universal fitments that is close to what you need and have a local shop hook it up. They also have wonderful warrenty and service, as well as sounding very similar to my mufflers. For your info you need a single 2.25" offset inlet and a single 2.25" same side offset outlet for a direct replacment. Just please dont go to the dark side with flows......... :flame2:

Chopper
02/18/2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know Mike, Flowmaster has that "off road" muffler...all black...diamond plate finish...pretty bad-***. By the by, I've a Magna-flow cat back on the pickup...I'm not a complete heathen.

djkymar
02/18/2007, 07:58 PM
im sitting here and reading all this and its just BUM i was gonna upgrade my exaust after it gets warmer in a couple weeeks and what i hear BUM. Well i hope we find some backup plan which mean some other muffler we can use.

PHO2GR4
02/18/2007, 08:59 PM
Boy, Mike, I dunno...it seems to me that we could put together a group-buy from you, to really make it worth your while. That way, you could just ramp up for one last blowout production run!

Looks at all these people coming out of the woodwork, claiming that they were 'going to buy' from you! PLEASE let us prove it to you!

I can understand how it might be a pain to just do a muffler here and another one there, but what if you could do them all at the same time?

Christmas is right around the corner! Only 309 days! You'll be happy for the extra cash.

Are you with me, guys?!?

biju
02/18/2007, 09:02 PM
I'm ready for an intake... what the hell.

-biju.

JHarris1385
02/18/2007, 09:21 PM
im down for a muff.

PHO2GR4
02/18/2007, 10:02 PM
im down for a muff.

::ahem::

Knigh7s
02/19/2007, 12:23 AM
I'm down for a muffler and an intake, I too was just waiting for the weather to get warmer and my phat tax return... ;)

::ahem::
Get your mind outa da gutter!!! LoL

djkymar
02/19/2007, 06:42 AM
down for muf for sure

MSHardeman
02/19/2007, 08:06 AM
You can count me in for a muffler and intake....but no pressure Mike. :bwgy:

PHO2GR4
02/19/2007, 08:16 AM
You can count me in for a muffler and intake....but no pressure Mike. :bwgy:

Well, maybe a LITTLE pressure, okay? :cool:

biju
02/21/2007, 05:29 PM
I didn't specify what color of intake above... Please make it yella.

...that is if you find the time.

-biju.