PDA

View Full Version : Where have all the dealers gone?

Mountainmotors
02/18/2007, 07:55 AM
Just purchased a 01 Vehicross out of the DC area...I hadn't paid much attention to it but the two area Isuzu dealers are now gone out of the Richmond Virginia area....anyone know of the next best place for any dealer type work that I may need (not that I intend on taking it in unless I actually am forced to)

And I notice that the main site for Isuzu has no email address for asking these questions....what do people who have newer type Isuzu vehicles do for service....

Beavertractors
02/20/2007, 02:16 AM
I bought mine at Hall Isuzu in Newport are they still around? Tony B

Ldub
02/20/2007, 05:52 AM
Now THAT'S a coincedence...mine was originally purchaced (first owner, not me) at Hall GMC/Isuzu in Fargo.
They stopped selling/servicing the "passenger" Isuzu vehicles about a month after I bought mine. :(
Now they only sell/service "commercial" Isuzu trucks... lucky me, I wouldn't want anyone but me turning a wrench on Suzy anyway. ;)

tysamigo
02/20/2007, 09:44 PM
I've not thought of it really until now but.... I live in Louisville KY (they say it's the 16th largest city in US) and there are only 2 Isuzu Dealers here. Only one of them know how to service a vehicle correctly. Both are VERY small with a very limited selection in the sales dept. I've often wondered how they stay in business.

Like most everywhere, a local company is an "umbrella" which represents an authorized dealer for several manufacturers. This dealership that stocks several manufacturers' vehicles has 2 large service centers. One center services 4 or 5 manuf. cars while the other does Mercury, Isuzu, Cadillac and something else (can't remember). This is where I have been taking my '98 Isuzu Amigo since I've purchased it in '98 for service. They are expensive however I've developed a really good relationship with the shop manager, service manager and body shop manager and completely trust them. They are extrodinary people and I have commented directly to Isuzu about them on a number of occassions regarding the quality of service. The other Isuzu service center across down however I would not send one dollar to. The service is terrible, long waits, never have parts and are almost as expensive.

I'm hoping that this is the "one bad apple in every bunch" and that most Isuzu service centers across the country would be as proud of their work as they do at the place I go to.

By the way, are you considering purchasing an extended warranty?

JHarris1385
02/20/2007, 09:52 PM
which dealership is this one you speak of? I want to know.

tysamigo
02/20/2007, 09:56 PM
The dealership on Dixie Highway I have had nothing but problems from. My Amigo was stolen (along with 4 other cars in my neighborhood) during one new year and it was nearly in "totalled" condition once retrived 2 weeks later. The dealership on Dixie was chosen by my Ins. and right off the bat the repairs weren't going to even be started for a few weeks. They wouldn't even order parts for the upcoming repairs until it is in que, what bs. After bit**ing to my Ins they allowed me to go to the Bluegrass Isuzu. Since then they have taken exceptional care of me and my truck. The guys and girls who work there are different people. They respect the customers' cars just as much as the customer.