PDA

View Full Version : Need Service in Chicago

Petos
02/27/2007, 02:08 PM
Hi, all!
I bought a Rickster's show truck and brought it to Chicago.. made 1500 miles in 2 days..
The car looks totally cool and runs great.
I had a problem with it though - the generator works ok but the battery is not charging at all, so I had to jumpstart it every time I switched the ignition off..

Hence, a few things:
1. I'm not an expert but I don't think its a battery problem. Could this be an alternator? (does VX has it at all?)
2. Chicago area guys - where do you service your babies? I want my VX to be in good hands..
3. Anyone wants to meet for a coffee/beer? I'd love to see other VX enthusiasts in the area and show my new car!

thanks a ton!
Petos

nfpgasmask
02/27/2007, 02:28 PM
Petos,

I used Espo's Auto Service as suggested by Nocturnal. He takes his VX there and I took mine there when I lived in Chicago. Sam is the owner and he did a good job and gave me a fair price. He knows the VehiCROSS fairly well I think.

Bart

Hi, all!
I bought a Rickster's show truck and brought it to Chicago.. made 1500 miles in 2 days..
The car looks totally cool and runs great.
I had a problem with it though - the generator works ok but the battery is not charging at all, so I had to jumpstart it every time I switched the ignition off..

Hence, a few things:
1. I'm not an expert but I don't think its a battery problem. Could this be an alternator? (does VX has it at all?)
2. Chicago area guys - where do you service your babies? I want my VX to be in good hands..
3. Anyone wants to meet for a coffee/beer? I'd love to see other VX enthusiasts in the area and show my new car!

thanks a ton!
Petos

etlsport
02/27/2007, 03:02 PM
i would definately think that would be a battery problem, sounds like its just not holding a charge but once you get the alternator going it can run off the alternator power, i know he had all sorts of electronics running in there, and at shows you drain and charge the battery like crazy... im also pretty sure hes got a monster alternator in there that i doubt would fail

nocturnalVX
02/27/2007, 09:55 PM
Espo's Auto Service
2345 N Neva Ave
Chicago, IL 60707
(773) 745-0600

The only place I take my VX to... tell Sam I sent ya! Better yet... call me (I'll send you a PM), and I'll meet you there.

~ Gill

Y33TREKker
02/28/2007, 08:53 AM
Just about any auto parts store should be able to check your battery with a load tester. Do the maintenance records list when a new battery was last installed?

Petos
03/01/2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks a lot, fellows!
I spoke with Rick, and he says that its probably battery, as the VX has been sitting up for quite some time..
Thanks for the shop adress too!