PDA

View Full Version : MOAB Hotel?

Tone
02/28/2007, 03:35 PM
SleepInn has raised it's rates to around $95 a nite, Super8 is $85. Anyone booked already and found a better deal? SleepInn has been good to us in the past, has a huge storage room for bikes, tires, etc that you don't want to take on the trail. Free wireless and free breakfast too. It's the opposite end of the strip but still only a few minutes from ZuZoo Headquarters.

If we can get 8 rooms or so, I might be able to get the manager to give us the Internet rate that is currently not available.

Lisa and I will be riding up with Jay in his new FJ.

biju
02/28/2007, 04:02 PM
What up Tone...

Hey - I've got two reservations currently - one at La Quinta (again) and the other at Archview (a double cabin).

if zuzoo HQ is at the portal I'll probably stay at La Quinta. Else I'll stay at archview...

No ML this year?

-biju.

ZEUS
02/28/2007, 05:08 PM
TENT! If you aren't roughing it you are a p.... person sleeping more comfortably than I am. :rolleyes: I prefer to feel, sleep, live, and smell like I am on vacation when I go on vacation so I will def. be camping somewhere.

Ldub
02/28/2007, 05:27 PM
CAMPING : When room service closes at 11:00 pm. ;)

Triathlete
03/01/2007, 07:10 AM
ZuZoo HQ will be at Archveiw this year.

nocturnalVX
03/01/2007, 10:50 AM
I hope to make it this time (it's been WAY too long), and I'd hang with Y'all at SleepInn.
:luck:

tomdietrying
03/01/2007, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure why the headquarters will not be at the Portal Campground this year, but it is open. I just called and for camp sites it are $8 per person per night.

I cannot tell you how nice the tent camping is. There are plenty of showers and hot water. I stayed there the last two years and will probably stay this year too. You can't beat the price!

Here is the info if you want to call:

Portal Rv Resort
1261 North Highway 191
Moab, Utah 84532
1-800-574-2028
(435) 259-6108

How to get here:

Head west on E Center St toward S Main St., 459 ft
Turn right at N Main St., 1.3 mi 3 mins
Slight right at US 191, 04.mi

Triathlete
03/01/2007, 12:17 PM
Tom, the reason they changed HQ's was because last year we were told Portal was to be dozed and turned into a class A moblehome park. Portal was a great place to camp and the people who managed it were really nice. The ZuKeepers had to make their reservations last year while they were there to be sure to get the cabins and with the info at that time Portal wasn't an option.

biju
03/01/2007, 06:27 PM
Archview does have tent sites available.

-b.

tomdietrying
03/02/2007, 06:40 AM
Bill, your right Archview does have tent sites available. Here's my three reasons why the Portal will be better than Archview.

1) Price - $8 a night as opposed to $17 a night
2) I know the tent camping spots are great at the Portal. There's plenty of grass all over the place. It's thick and it's everywhere. I'm not so sure about Archview. Granted, I haven't been there but from the pictures it doesn't look that appealing.
3) Location - Archview is 10 miles north of Moab while the Portal is on the far north part of Moab. It only takes a couple of minutes to get to the center of town.

Peace.
Tom

driver3
03/02/2007, 07:58 AM
What are the official dates? Where is the post for Moab X? If I go, I'll be camping and I'll be doing some mountain biking as well as off roading... anyone else in for some biking?

Edit... Adding a pic of my new toy...

edited.. look in my gallery

biju
03/02/2007, 08:17 AM
Bill, your right Archview does have tent sites available. Here's my three reasons why the Portal will be better than Archview.

1) Price - $8 a night as opposed to $17 a night
2) I know the tent camping spots are great at the Portal. There's plenty of grass all over the place. It's thick and it's everywhere. I'm not so sure about Archview. Granted, I haven't been there but from the pictures it doesn't look that appealing.
3) Location - Archview is 10 miles north of Moab while the Portal is on the far north part of Moab. It only takes a couple of minutes to get to the center of town.

Peace.
Tom
No doubt the portal is a nice spot! I'm kind of leaning toward LaQuinta, but won't know until time gets closer...

driver3: I think the date will be between May 14 - 20 (or somewhere in between) Nice pony ya got!

Kenny
03/09/2007, 03:28 PM
SleepInn has raised it's rates to around $95 a nite, Super8 is $85. Anyone booked already and found a better deal? SleepInn has been good to us in the past, has a huge storage room for bikes, tires, etc that you don't want to take on the trail. Free wireless and free breakfast too. It's the opposite end of the strip but still only a few minutes from ZuZoo Headquarters.

If we can get 8 rooms or so, I might be able to get the manager to give us the Internet rate that is currently not available.

Lisa and I will be riding up with Jay in his new FJ.

Tone,
I may be interested if the rate is good (~$80-$85)... Right now I'm planning to stay in Archview.

I'm quite curious to a Part B to this poll: "Who is planning to stay Saturday night?" I noticed a fair migration Saturday morning last year for those with long drives...

biju
03/09/2007, 04:06 PM
kenny - did you snag a cabin at archview? or are you tenting it at archview? anyone else staying at archview...? archview.

archview.

-biju.

Bimati
03/12/2007, 06:28 AM
I booked myself at the SleepInn (simple, since I had reward points to use). If you need my name on the list for any kind of "group rate", let me know.

Tone....you packing the wicked "Bumperless ML" this year? Any chance you can skirt up the road a bit for the BBQ in Grand Junction?

Bim

nfpgasmask
03/12/2007, 08:44 AM
If the wife comes, we ain't doin no Super 8.... ;)

Bart

Tone
03/12/2007, 09:31 AM
Where does she make you stay?

nfpgasmask
03/12/2007, 09:36 AM
LOL, I'm just saying, she prefers nice hotels, and that will help get me there if we have a decent place to stay....that is also dog friendly. :)

Bart

Where does she make you stay?

biju
03/12/2007, 09:39 AM
best hotel in moab hands down: gonzo inn (http://www.gonzoinn.com/).

dog friendly too (even in the pool area!).

-biju.

nfpgasmask
03/12/2007, 10:02 AM
Clean???

Bart

best hotel in moab hands down: gonzo inn (http://www.gonzoinn.com/).

dog friendly too (even in the pool area!).

-biju.

biju
03/15/2007, 04:23 PM
Gonzo Inn is dope. period. Very modern, almost art deco-ish. Posh. Clean, etc... spendy tho. :eek: :eek:

I've decided to stay at La Quinta. I think Kenny might also be staying there... Means I have a double cabin (http://www.archviewresort.com/cabins.html) reserved at Archview that I'll no longer need. Any one want that reservation?

-biju.

MSHardeman
03/15/2007, 05:58 PM
biju,

I might be interested in the cabin. Seems to be the least expensive place in town.

Anyone else want to bunk down?

biju
03/20/2007, 02:39 PM
No problem Mark. Just keep me posted if you want it...

Chat soon.

-biju.

nfpgasmask
03/20/2007, 02:45 PM
So, do we have any hard plans yet? I want to book a night or two at the hotel but I need some dates! Any consensus on the VX only run?

Bart

Bimati
03/20/2007, 05:08 PM
My understanding is BBQ in Grand Junction May 14. VX run May 15.

Bim

biju
03/20/2007, 08:50 PM
As always official dates will eventually be posted on the ZuZoo (http://www.zuzoo.org/index.shtml) site (or so we hope... ha.)

I think it's safe to plan for the 15th on the VX Run...

-biju.

Ldub
03/21/2007, 08:46 AM
Tone,
I may be interested if the rate is good (~$80-$85)... Right now I'm planning to stay in Archview.

I'm quite curious to a Part B to this poll: "Who is planning to stay Saturday night?" I noticed a fair migration Saturday morning last year for those with long drives...

I just voted for sleep inn...Jim was able to get a rate (over 50 yrs. old) of $89.10..maybe if we could get a few more, we could do better.

Kenny
03/21/2007, 11:30 AM
I just voted for sleep inn...Jim was able to get a rate (over 50 yrs. old) of $89.10..maybe if we could get a few more, we could do better.

I've got reservations at LaQuinta and Sleep Inn. I'd stay at Sleep Inn if as Tone mentioned, he can get a better rate if there are enough of us..

nfpgasmask
03/27/2007, 02:21 PM
I am booked for 3 nights at the GONZO Inn! May 13th-May16th.

So the VX Run is on Tuesday for sheezey? Please let me know in case I need to change my plans! But otherwise, I will there! Unfortunately, Wednesday I will need to drive back to Reno. :(

Bart

Jay Dunford
03/28/2007, 05:58 AM
We're (Tone, Lisa, me) booked in the Red Rock Lodge http://www.red-rocklodge.com/
Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting new folks too!

Scott Harness
03/28/2007, 09:51 AM
Hey me too! are you guys following me? ;)

VXIRONwoMAN
04/04/2007, 11:55 PM
This is the hotel i found... it's almost 1 mile away from the sleep inn. don't know if the dates are right but here is the link...Hope it helps...

http://www.hojo.com/HowardJohnson/control/Booking/check_avail?brandCode=HJ,MQ,DI,KG,RA,SE,TL,BU&searchWithinMiles=25&areaType=1&destination=moab&stateName=Utah&state=UT&countryName=United%20States&country=US&checkInDate=05/15&numberAdults=1&numberRooms=1&checkOutDate=05/18&numberChildren=0&rateName=Best%20Avail&rate=000&pageNumber=1&smoking=no&bed=any&id=04206&propBrandId=DI&force_nostay=false

MSHardeman
04/05/2007, 08:13 AM
If anyone is interested in bunking down, I got the "Deluxe Cabin" from biju and it has a couple of beds in it. I won't need all of them, so if anyone is looking for a place during ZuZoo let me know.

Mark

driver3
04/05/2007, 12:56 PM
This may or may not be open for the trip, but this is a great hotel in moab, I stayed there last weekend. HUGE hot tub, pool, big rooms (we got a junior suite), and great prices. Walking distance to Zax.. the best pizza....

www.rivercanyonlodge.com

NO I don't work for them...lol... I just really liked the hotel and have stayed at ramada, super8, and both best westerns.. this one takes the cake. (so far)

Locomigo
04/11/2007, 03:31 PM
Looks pretty nice, what kind of rates are they getting?

We had to change it up and reserve somewhere else...

However, I do have a tent space (individual not group site) reservation @ Portal. If anyone wants it let me know. Otherwise I will cancel that resi.

We'll be staying here:
http://moabcondorentals.com
RIm Village area.