PDA

View Full Version : Getting my new VX

tysamigo
03/03/2007, 09:12 PM
It seems like a long time since I've been waiting for my flight out to CA to purchase the VX I've been looking at. I leave here on Mon and will get back on Tue. The owner found the best shipping quote from a local company ($770 from CA to KY). It will take about a week to get here. I've learned since my last post that the this VX's hood insert had the problem of cracking (I guess due to heat) and it was replaced. I wanted to know, is this something normal? Should I have an extra around for if/when it happens again?

I will have to get new tires first, they need replacing. I really want to put some nice tires on it, to fill out the tire well but don't know what to get. I'll search the Mod section and look around on the site for others' suggestions. I also decided to hold off on the lambo doors for now until I've learned more about them. Instead I saw on one guy's personal website of a moonroof that worked out perfect for his VX and was very nice. I'm thinking about the following mods immediately once I get the VX:

*Tint (unless it doesn't need it)
*Tires, maybe rims if I go larger (I really want to look around at photos of people with different tires/rims)
*Sound System w/some type of flat panel for tv, gps and rear view cam
*Window visors
*Indi-glow dash (probably the wrong spelling), the dash mod that is on this site, looks really good
*brush guard (either partial of full)
*Brake light mod
*Front/Rear side light mod

I'm having a hard time finding any kind of brush guard. Is there a specific namebrand I need to be looking for? I haven't found one yet that makes a brushguard for the VX, only all other Isuzu models.

I made a contribution for supporting the site, it's been VERY helpful.

There's a couple of guys on here that are local to me. I'll get in touch with you once the VX comes in and I would love to see what you have done to yours. By they way do you know if modding the side marker lights to blink with the blinkers or to change their color is illegal in KY? Just wondering...

Ty

PHO2GR4
03/03/2007, 09:27 PM
Hey Ty,

The cracked hood insert is VERY common in these VXs. You're lucky that yours was replaced already! I've never heard of stocking an extra, just in case, but that sounds like a good idea.

And depending on how deep your pockets are, I like all of those modification ideas you've listed. I've done a few of them already.

Thanks for contributing to the site! And have fun with your new ride...

etlsport
03/03/2007, 09:38 PM
if you click on my profile name (etlsport) and click see this users gallery, there are lots of mods ive done in there, including a screen/dvd player, tinted side markers and window visors... you dont need bigger rims for bigger tires, especially if you plan to offroad your VX, id plan to go with 16" rims so you have the most tire and least chance of scratching your rims (stock 18s would be fine too) i think most people here would reccomend nitto terra grapplers to fill out your tire well, i think you can get 285/60/18s on there with a small bit of trimming (i tried getting 285/55/18 for mine... but the guy told me i could only get dune grapplers in that size)

as for the brushguard, nobody commercially makes them, all have to be custom made, Tone Monday (forum name Tone) custom makes them for the VX, check out his website www.tonemonday.com for all sorts of mods, including supercharger and brush guards.. welcome!!

JHarris1385
03/03/2007, 09:56 PM
Congrats. Check my gallery for some different rims and tires. They are pro-comp extreme's. Just let me know when you get back and want to check my VX out.

Other than that I think most has already been said.

CrnCnn
03/03/2007, 10:41 PM
So did you by Vernons Proton?

tysamigo
03/03/2007, 10:48 PM
Not yet. I am going out there on Mon to look it over. If all looks good then yes I will buy it. He found a good rate for shipping it back and it will take about a week to get back.

JoFotoz
03/03/2007, 11:19 PM
...try this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch %2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D260091711 141%26sacat%3D6000%2526catref%253DC5%26from%3DR7%2 6nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%2 6fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1&item=260091711141

Buy it.....Section 6 inches out of the middle...weld back together....
...make lower brakets...and fit.

Wraps round like it was made to be!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/VX52.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX52.jpg)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/VX31.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VX31.jpg)

ATB

jo

johnnyapollo
03/04/2007, 06:02 AM
I'd recommend a rear door popper if it doesn't already have one. An you many want to think about Tone's trailer hitch - even if you don't have in mind to tow, it comes in handy.

-- John

rowhard
03/04/2007, 09:30 AM
Tires: I just had Toyo Open Country AT's, 285 R60 18 installed last week. The VX begged for them, it is the tire that should of been on it in the beginning. Yes, I did have to trim the front corner of the cladding, but you can't tell it was trimmed. No mod to the suspension, so you don't have to lift if you don't want to if it is a street car only. If you plan on wheeling with it, then I don't know.

CrnCnn
03/04/2007, 09:48 AM
Not yet. I am going out there on Mon to look it over. If all looks good then yes I will buy it. He found a good rate for shipping it back and it will take about a week to get back.

I see. Guess i didnt read the first post correctly

tysamigo
03/07/2007, 11:05 AM
Well everyone, I went out and met Vernon. He is a VERY nice and intelligent man. Very nice and he took very good care of the VX. He didn't put many miles on it as he has other vehicles in the family. The transaction is done and I'm back at home now. We are arranging now to have it shipped. It should be here in less than 2 weeks.

I CAN'T WAIT LOL

So while I'm waiting I think I'm going to go ahead and purchase some items that I want to modify in the mean time. When it gets here I will certainly be a busy bee and will be spending many nights on this website looking through postings and mods.

I will be in touch, but as of right now I'm officially part of the VX family!!

:)

Anita
03/07/2007, 11:09 AM
The days waiting for your VX's arrival will pass sooooo slooooooooowly!

Welcome and congrats!

k4tmc
03/07/2007, 02:07 PM
Ty,

Congratulations on the purchase! :)

And, if it is a Proton, then - double congratulations! :cool:

Yeah, I am a little biased.... ;)

Henry

biju
03/07/2007, 02:21 PM
welcome, welcome, welcome!!!... to the site, to the fam, to the addiction, to the sickness, to your new VX!

so many good modsters on this site I'm sure you'll find plenty of ideas for your new ride!

-biju.

p.s. - nice color, too!

Ldub
03/07/2007, 02:52 PM
welcome, welcome, welcome!!!... to the site, to the fam, to the addiction, to the sickness, to your new VX!

so many good modsters on this site I'm sure you'll find plenty of ideas for your new ride!

-biju.

p.s. - nice color, too!

Yeah, what he said...welcome!

Oh,also...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/TP.jpg

The way-ay-ting is the har-dest part.

JHarris1385
03/07/2007, 02:59 PM
Ty,

I have done alot, and plan many more. If you ever want to see it in person feel free. Its located from 11:30-8pm at the end of 2nd street bridge in Jeffersonville, IN. Otherwise its at home, 12miles down the road. Feel free to come by anytime.

John Robert