PDA

View Full Version : My Oil Pan's been off also!

Techy-D
03/05/2007, 11:46 AM
So, If you remember I got my VX a few months ago and paid extra for the nicer/lower mile one. The Dealer insisted that it was all original, never wrecked, or anything... Even when I pointed out some clear coat problem around a side marker light he said it was factory... Since getting it home and going through things I've had to readjust the drivers door because it started tearing the door gasket, found paint overspray in the door jam area, the injectors were leaking air because the fuel rail was off to one side and found a vacuum line off, the door rod clip broke, passenger window issues... few other things that look like they had been put back together funny.
(I'm waiting for parts to get here anyday for the door handle clip and injector O rings)

So to add to my list of things I've found:
While changing my oil I noticed that the oil pan is has orange permagasket material all around it (I doubt this would be factory and still looks fresh). So what are the likely choices that would have required that?

Do you think it grenaded and it's been rebuilt or some kind of a wreck that would have tweeked things and they had to pull or replace the pan?????

I still love my rig, but surprise, the car salesmen were lieing to me! Atleast I hope who ever did any engine repair didn't cut corners at my expence!

Sorry for all the whining, I feel better now. :)

Also, as for the outside door handle clip that holds in the rod... I've got the part on the way, but noticed when I held the rod in the hole and pulled up on the handle, it would throw the rod back out of the hole rather than just staying in place. Has anyone had to bend the rod a bit to get it to stay in place better?

Mark B
03/05/2007, 01:16 PM
Car Salesman lie? Unheard of You know they are on the bottom of the food chain next to timeshare salesmen.