PDA

View Full Version : One of 400 Enzo's Made Totaled!

Tone
03/28/2007, 09:04 AM
In case anyone missed it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC6SkEX2NQI&mode=related&search=

nfpgasmask
03/28/2007, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I saw that on the news last night. Was he drunk or high or something???

Bart

VX4EJR
03/28/2007, 11:22 AM
Yup, I think everyone in this country at least heard about this. Kinda hurts just to watch it.
So whose car was it and who pays for the loss, assuming the car is totaled or even repairable?

Locomigo
03/28/2007, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I saw that on the news last night. Was he drunk or high or something???

Bart
My vote is inability to drive. :rolleyes:
That car has more than enough power to overcome the under steer condition with which he hit the wall under. Give her some gas to straighten it out and accelerate through the corner and let er rip! :cool:

rowhard
03/28/2007, 01:54 PM
No Bart, he was just STUPID!

nocturnalVX
03/28/2007, 01:57 PM
Nice understeer... I thought Ferraris were supposed to handle well. :_brickwal That looked like how my Fiero Formula handled in half a foot of snow. Turn the wheel and keep going straight ahead... :rolly: I guess you are just supposed to seal these works of art in climate-controlled museums rather than try to drive them. Maybe that guy with the Ferrari badged VX can get the engine from the wreck. Hmmmmm?

Chopper
03/28/2007, 02:46 PM
The car belonged to the producer(or director) of the film. They spend 20 or 30 million, promoting most films...they spent about 1.2 million to push this one...and very successfully at that. Enzos don't push! Period. That was no mistake or accident, just brilliant advertising. Insurance will cover the loss and Gibby's (an aquaintance) just went up to 1.3. Wayne

thedutchguy
03/29/2007, 04:33 AM
Unfortunately there are a lot of rich people who don't have the ability to drive a car like that.
Just check out this:
http://67.19.177.10/newphotos/exotics/38veyron_20070315_004.jpg

This site site is full of cars with bad driving owners.

MustangO4
03/29/2007, 07:21 AM
When I saw that I threw up a little.

kpaske
03/29/2007, 09:07 AM
The car belonged to the producer(or director) of the film. They spend 20 or 30 million, promoting most films...they spent about 1.2 million to push this one...and very successfully at that. Enzos don't push! Period. That was no mistake or accident, just brilliant advertising. Insurance will cover the loss and Gibby's (an aquaintance) just went up to 1.3. WayneSo you're saying they planned this? I wouldn't doubt it, but that would be hard to prove, not to mention probably illegal (insurance fraud?). Eddie Griffin does make a nearly perfect scapegoat, doesn't he?

Hotsauce
03/29/2007, 05:44 PM
If you watch the footage carefully you will see the front wheels at full lock. once you pass the point of slip angle, then brake hard enough to lock the tires the only way to turn again is to release the brake and straighten the wheel enough to regain grip.

A common beginners error on sticky tires.

John C.

JHarris1385
03/29/2007, 06:17 PM
This is obviously fake. Kit car for sure. Advertisement for the movie. That is not Ferrari Red on the car.

Chopper
03/29/2007, 06:17 PM
Yeah, it was planned... watch the slip angle. It's induced, not natural. Brilliant! Did you see the Enzo, the Knucklehead, in So. Cal. blasted into two pieces?? He walked away. Ahhh....good times, good times.

nocturnalVX
03/30/2007, 12:43 AM
If you watch the footage carefully you will see the front wheels at full lock. once you pass the point of slip angle, then brake hard enough to lock the tires the only way to turn again is to release the brake and straighten the wheel enough to regain grip.

A common beginners error on sticky tires.

John C.

If I spend $1,000,000+ on a car, it had better f***ing go where I point it. Understeer on an '88 Fiero in 6" of snow? OK. Trying like hell (and failing) to slow & turn a million dollar Ferrari flagship with "sticky tires"? B.S.

kpaske
03/30/2007, 08:10 AM
If I spend $1,000,000+ on a car, it had better f***ing go where I point it. Understeer on an '88 Fiero in 6" of snow? OK. Trying like hell (and failing) to slow & turn a million dollar Ferrari flagship with "sticky tires"? B.S.Oh, it will if you know how to drive it! I think what Hotsauce is describing could occur with any automobile, sticky tires or not, but it's 100 times less forgiving when you've got 660 HP under the hood.

It's sort of like a beginner motorcycle operator hopping on a 5000cc bike and hoping to survive the trip.

nocturnalVX
03/30/2007, 11:00 AM
It's sort of like a beginner motorcycle operator hopping on a 5000cc bike and hoping to survive the trip.

Good point... better have the know-how to push any high performance vehicle.

Navigator
04/02/2007, 11:19 AM
Undercover Brother & Enzo is one funny mix :D I suspect it was all publicity, Hollywood can make anything look realistic, even sacrifice an exotic in the name of profits. I may have been a driveable prop for all we know. Many fine looking cars get wrecked in that movie, some requireing mor than one take, meanig losts of look alike cars. In the end no life was lost, so in my book it has comedic value. As the crashed exotics web site shows more expensive cars have suffered the same fate for lesser press. * shrug *

Triathlete
04/02/2007, 12:28 PM
Have to agree that it was probably a prop....no one was crying!

Chopper
04/02/2007, 04:44 PM
No one's crying, cause it's insured. Now...on to the Veyron.