PDA

View Full Version : interferance, or non interferance

IndianaVX
04/03/2007, 06:38 PM
that is the question......
well, my mechanic, as posted in another thread found a service bullitin from Isuzu that says "it may or may not be an interferance engine"

tone says it is a interferance....

maerlin, (i think, had a bad connection) said it was an interferance, but then i asked him if he would ask a acouple of the mechanics there at st charles, and he came back, and said "its kinda fuzzy"

My warranty company is saying that its non interferance

i cant find anything about it in any of the manuals, tones, or uncle asa's

so, if you think you know, can i ask for "proof"?? or how or where you got your information?
im not wanting to step on toes, it would help me in telling my mechanic to tear the engine down a bit more, and it would help the family here if we found out once and for all. and this thread should come up next time anyone is wondering.

also, if im spelling interferance wrong, will someone else spell it correctly for search purposes??

thanks people, you are all good folks, and im glad i know ya

God bless you,

David

Tone
04/04/2007, 05:10 AM
I was wrong when I posted yesterday the 6VE1 was an Interference engine. I've checked with about a dozen engine publications online and they all agree concur it is a NON INTERFERENCE engine (most older Isuzu's were interference), except this site: http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doityourself/a/bl_timing_belt3.htm

There have been several owners here who have had the belt fail and NOT had catastrophic engine failure. I was in no hurry to change mine for that very reason that if it failed, at least the valves and pistons wouldn't meet - BUT, a broken belt could sure do some damage.