PDA

View Full Version : TOD System and Moab

tysamigo
04/17/2007, 10:53 PM
I wanted to know if anyone has ever pushed the TOD system to its full potential or just pushed the VX to its full potential. I will likely never 4wheel with my VX (even though I would be happy to 4wheel in someone else's VX lol). I've only had my VX for about a week and MANY people have MANY questions. I can honestly say I may not know enough to brag about the VX's true potential as far as "extreme off-roading". Can someone give me some amo? I've seen a few things about MOAB (not sure what exactly it stands for or is)...

nocturnalVX
04/17/2007, 11:21 PM
MOAB is a town in Utah that is an off-roader's paradise. Lots of awesome trails and great scenery. The TOD system is not used when going rock-crawling... you put your transfer case into 4-low.

Ldub
04/17/2007, 11:28 PM
I wanted to know if anyone has ever pushed the TOD system to its full potential or just pushed the VX to its full potential. I will likely never 4wheel with my VX (even though I would be happy to 4wheel in someone else's VX lol). I've only had my VX for about a week and MANY people have MANY questions. I can honestly say I may not know enough to brag about the VX's true potential as far as "extreme off-roading". Can someone give me some amo? I've seen a few things about MOAB (not sure what exactly it stands for or is)...

Hey Ty, & welcome...

For most off road applications, shifting into four-lo (look at the top of the little shifter) is the ticket, TOD is a variable ratio all wheel traction assist that's more for maintaining on road & milder off road traction.

Moab is a little town in eastern Utah that sprung up due to uranium & is now "Mecca" for those who like to drive around on rocks & see what these little beasties can do.

Use the search function to find "Zuzoo IX you wish you were here" for more info.

Well I never...I see Nocturnal beat me to the punch.
Glad ta see you're going to Moab Gil. ;)

VXIRONwoMAN
04/17/2007, 11:48 PM
Just tell them that the VX is bitchin'!!!! 'cuz that's what it is BITCHIN"!!! :p Once you drive it for sometime you will have more to talk about. But Bitchin' is usually the first word that comes out of my mouth maybe after Awesome or some other expressive word! and I will be doing my first ever off-roading trip in Moab this May and am super excited and I think you should come too!!! :)