PDA

View Full Version : "No Zu' Zoo this year"...So do you think they'll still formalize the trail rides?

Kenny
04/18/2007, 04:53 PM
Took a peek at Zuzoo.org and the announcement is "No Zu' Zoo this year".

It's an unofficial gathering in the third week in May. I can understand due to insurance issues etc... But do you think they'll still organize a trail sign up, or are we left to do that "unofficially" amongst ourselves?

I also take it that there will be no sign up, fees, stickers etc....
What about a Saturday BBQ??

:confused:

Triathlete
04/18/2007, 05:14 PM
Should probably post your ??? on the 4X Wire since thats where most of the ZuZoo-oidians reside. Sounds to me like everyone will just get togethr the night before or morning of and decide what they want to run and see who wants to join in for the fun.

Locomigo
04/18/2007, 05:58 PM
you got it Billy...

From my pre-Moab explorations we plan to arrive Tue eve. After I shower, and drop off stuff @ the condo, we will head up to Archview in the evening. I suspect that I may run into some buddies up there and chat around a campfire etc... kick around thoughts of what to do the next day, and maybe determine what trails to run. I have some in mind that I am familiar with, so I can lead them.

YMMV... and this is purely speculation, as I dont know who will be around...

biju
04/19/2007, 09:38 AM
meh. loco's right... we'll find trails to do - probably organized over a beer or dinner...

MOAB!!!!

-biju.

Locomigo
04/19/2007, 11:08 AM
Heh... thats funny you glazed right over that Beej...

By that I mean "after I shower"
We should be fairly ripe after being out in the wilderness exploring for 5 days... (leave Denver Fri morning and wont see civilization until Tuesday evening) :eek: :p

Im thinking of hitting:
3D - was a blast last year, unfortunately wasnt driving since my rig was broked.
Behind the Rocks - always a fave
Lockhart Basin - looks pretty cool, I dont think I will have time to run it back to Moab on Tue.
Metal Masher and Hells Revenge - Ive done them a hundred times. Cool trails, but looking for something different.
Golden Spike - always fun, but REALLY long.
Seven Mile Rim/Wipeout Hill - always fun, and ran it enough, I should know the routes now...

Anyone got anything else?

tomdietrying
04/19/2007, 11:38 AM
Locomigo do you know what those trails are rated? What about Hells Gate? There were a couple of us that did that last year. That was too cool.

I'm think I'm getting my trails criss-crossed. Is Geminii Bridge on Golden Spike or is Hells Gate on Golden Spike?

Peace.
Tom

Locomigo
04/19/2007, 12:23 PM
Hells Gate is an optional obstacle on Hells Revenge - 4+ But I have cooked through that thing with 12 rigs behind me in 90 minutes... :D

Gemini Bridges - 2.5 to 3 - is its own trail, although you exit/enter onto it for many trails:
Gold Bar Rim - 3.5+ (part of Golden Spike - 4+)
Rusty Nail - 4+ (which can venture into GS)
Metal Masher - 4
and several others (Bull Canyon - 3)

3D is 3 trails in one all ~3-3.5 - Hidden Canyon, Hidden Canyon Overlook, Tusher Tunnel

Seven Mile Rim - 3.5, Wipe Out Hill - 4

Lockhart Basin 3.5

Behind the Rocks - 4+ but there is a bypass for virtually everything making it Tiptoe Behind the Rocks - 3.5

That was from memory, so verify here:
Trails (http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm)
check here:
Trails part deux (http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?page=book_3)

Triathlete
04/19/2007, 12:58 PM
Locomigo do you know what those trails are rated? What about Hells Gate? There were a couple of us that did that last year. That was too cool.

I'm think I'm getting my trails criss-crossed. Is Geminii Bridge on Golden Spike or is Hells Gate on Golden Spike?

Peace.
Tom

Golden Spike turns into Gold Bar Rim. Gold Bar Rim Is done as an out and back of the tail end of Golden Spike. Gemini Bridges is a side trip off of Gold Bar Rim. Hope that makes sense!

BigSwede
04/19/2007, 02:52 PM
This is my first trip to Moab with lockers, so I am hoping to try some of the tougher trails this year. Gotta do Golden Spike...maybe Moab Rim...never done Metal Masher either for some reason.

But I can lead Steelbender if there is interest, I've lead that several times.

And FWIW I've done Elephant Hill a couple times before, too.

Oh, and I'll be staying at Archview.

Triathlete
04/19/2007, 03:54 PM
Golden Spike is definately on my list for 08! I should have a bit more protection by then! Metal Masher is a cool trail (did it in 05) it has some cool obstacles and a couple of awesome optional obstacles that are as much fun to watch as they are to try!