PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes! Its time for another wild ARIZONA off-road/camping get together trip!

Triathlete
04/26/2007, 11:27 AM
So heres the info everyone has been patiently anticipating...

...or not!

Its time for another of the now famous (at least in our minds) Arizona gatherings. For those in the area or maybe even those passing through on their way to Moab this one is going to be good so don't miss it.
We will be heading to the cooler climes of the Arizona Rim Country. The destination will be a trail Starting in Strawberry, Az. We will follow the trail (Aprox. 16 miles)to the area where the Verde and East Verde rivers combine. That will be the camping spot. Then we will retrace our steps back out to civilization.

DATE: May 12-23, 2007
TIME: Will leave Tucson at 6am meet times for other areas along the way will be updated once I know who intends to go. This should put us in Strawberry at 9-9:30.
CB Channel: 13
BRING: camping gear, food, and all the other usual 4X'ing stuff. This will be back country camping.
Other info will be posted as I work out all the details.

Note: I have never been on this trail so I don't know the exact difficulty. I have talked to the forrest service and the info I got from them was that the portion of the trail they knew of was prodably of medium difficulty. It could become a exploritory run...but we will camp and have fun.

So who will be there?

The list...
:nuke: Triathlete
:nuke: VCamilo
:nuke: VXCaver
:nuke: Your name here

biju
04/26/2007, 12:06 PM
billy - i'm confused. why not drive a few more miles and meet us in moab those dates?... would love to hang with ya again!

get to flagstaff.... and keep on going! before you know it, you'll be in Mexican Hat, then Blanding, then MOAB!!!!

-biju.

Triathlete
04/26/2007, 12:25 PM
Well Moab is another 10 hours and another weekend away! I have races to be at. As much as I'd like to be there its not going to happen till 08! But I'll make up for it then! :thumbup: Plus I'll be able to do some of the tougher trails I want to do since I plan on having a bit more protection by then. :smack:

Triathlete
04/26/2007, 01:00 PM
Heres a little teaser...
http://rimcountry.com/rimages/evp4.jpg

VCAMILO
04/26/2007, 02:44 PM
I will be there with you Billy!

Knigh7s
04/26/2007, 11:46 PM
Man, that sucks, I've been wanting to go camping for, who knows how long now... And now two great events are goin on in the same week I will be busy in another engagment. [sigh /]

Me so bummed, and look at that teaser pic! [sigh² /]

Triathlete
04/27/2007, 11:34 AM
Man, that sucks, I've been wanting to go camping for, who knows how long now... And now two great events are goin on in the same week I will be busy in another engagment. [sigh /]

Me so bummed, and look at that teaser pic! [sigh² /]

Priorities, priorities! :bwgy:
But if I had a choice of my run or Moab...Moab would win every time. This is just a diversion until next year!
But it will be a lot of fun!!!!!!

Triathlete
04/29/2007, 08:09 PM
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo! Come on, we need some new blood to initiate! :naughty:

I guess another teaser pic is needed!
http://www.rimcountry.com/rimages/evp3.jpg
Yes, this is in the desert!

VCAMILO
04/30/2007, 10:15 PM
Hey Billy you driving to my house friday night? You are more than welcome to stay at the house on friday.

Triathlete
04/30/2007, 10:41 PM
Will be working Fri night. Leaving Tucson Sat. at 6am should be in Strawberry between 9-9:30. I'll find a spot/time for us to meet along the way.

VXcaver
05/01/2007, 12:02 PM
Count me in. We'll be in cave country for this one. You guys up for a trip?

Triathlete
05/01/2007, 12:09 PM
If we have time, could be fun!

You going to meet me in Tucson and cruise up? I plan on taking the more scenic route. Oracle, Florence, Apache Junction (pick up Victor?), 88 to Roosevelt Lake, 188 to Payson, to Strawberry. About 3.5 hours.

VXcaver
05/01/2007, 02:53 PM
I might ride up with you or I might go up a day ahead and spend some time with my pops who lives near Victor. I'll let you know...

Triathlete
05/04/2007, 11:32 AM
One more week...who else is going to join the fun?

Triathlete
05/04/2007, 12:00 PM
For those coming from the Phoenix area...
Meet at the 60/88 intersectionat Apache Junction. I will try to be there by 8am
I,m not sure whats there so I will turn off the 60 onto the 88 and pull off to the side of the rode. Will have the CB on channel 13.

Bob is going to bring his GPS with the trail coordinates so we shouldn't get too lost :righty:

VCAMILO
05/07/2007, 11:43 AM
Billy you dont want to take 88 towards lake Roosevelt. It will take you 3 hrs just on Highway 88. Its mostly dirt road and the first 20 miles is single lane with two lakes. Its very twisty plus two lakes along the way so people pulling boats and only being one lane will make the trip very slow. The fastes way to get up there is by taking the 10 to Phoenix, 60 to the 101 north, 101 to 202 east, exit 87 and take that highway up there. From my house in Chandler it shoud take us about 1:45 mins to get to Strawberry. if we take B-line Highway upthere (87) and about 5hrs if we take Highway 88 just from my house.

Triathlete
05/07/2007, 12:04 PM
Okay...where we going to meet up at? Name the place and I will be there!

VCAMILO
05/07/2007, 02:27 PM
Just go towards my house. I-10 to the 202 East North on 101 Exit Guadalupe and go East towards Dobson. I can meet you at that Gas Station (South East Corner) @ anytime you want.

Triathlete
05/09/2007, 12:27 PM
THREE MO' DAYZ!!!!!

Off road tires are on and camping gear is out in the garage waiting to be loaded!

Also if you have any fire wood bring a bit to pitch in!