PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Cluster Failure

LittleBeast
04/29/2007, 06:52 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows why my RPM's, MPH, Gas, Temp, Odometer, and Trip would all of a sudden just stop working. Is there a fuse that may have gone out? I have not had problems with this in the past it was all of a sudden when I went to check my speed on the highway and then I was like wow I feel like I am going faster than 0mph and the engine sure is on but the cluster doesn't say so. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Kenny
04/29/2007, 08:56 AM
There are gauge fuses in the panel next to your left knee. If it's not a fuse, then see if a harness plug came unplugged in the back of your speedo cluster.
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/back_of_cluster.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/back_of_cluster.jpg)

If not those two, I'd try out a Scangauge to see if a speed, rpm, etc.. signal is available and is being sent. If no signal is found, then uh-oh... I hate to think.

Good Luck.

LittleBeast
05/03/2007, 12:22 PM
Found the "gauge" fuse in the fuse box it sure is blown and putting in another one immediately blows it so, looks like I will be tearing apart the dash yet again.

VX crazy
05/03/2007, 12:43 PM
Must be all those 'new bulbs' that look so good.....sorry to hear about the problem

Kenny
05/03/2007, 06:23 PM
Found the "gauge" fuse in the fuse box it sure is blown and putting in another one immediately blows it so, looks like I will be tearing apart the dash yet again.

I had a blown fuse in there too after ripping the cluster out a few times. Take a look for something hitting the bare copper lines along the back of the cluster - or look for a few scorch marks on the copper lines (a have a few of those from placing the cluster with the ignition on :rolleyes: ...).

I'd undo the screws and then pull out the cluster a bit first without unplugging anything and then try a new fuse - it could rule out that something back there is pushing against a bare copper lead...

Good Luck.