PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm not alone thinking this:

Ascinder
04/30/2007, 01:17 PM
OK, I know this sounds very petty, but I can't help finally coming out and saying it: THE VX HOOD LATCH MAKES THE WEENIEST SOUNDING "TWANG" NOISE WHEN YOU OPEN THE HOOD!!! ;puke2; I miss the satisfying, manly sounding "thud" that my truck makes when I open the hood. I don't know what the deal is, but it just grates on me. I can't stand it anymore, has anyone else ever been this bothered by it. I am embarrassed to pop the hood for people for fear they will burst out laughing/vomiting uncontrollably.

etlsport
04/30/2007, 01:31 PM
i was thinking this the other day.. problem is my vx used to make a much better noise.. it keeps getting wimpier and wimpier.. gettin worried that the hoods just not gonna open one of these days

nfpgasmask
04/30/2007, 01:51 PM
Well, mine was squeaking really, really bad for a long time, until I wrapped some gaffer tape around the "U" bolt and now it is quiet. The popping sound completely went away for a while since it was too tight, but now it is back to normal...but it doesn't really bother me...???

Bart

Ascinder
04/30/2007, 02:09 PM
I don't know, maybe it's just me that it really annoys, but I wonder if I could rig something up to release when then hood opened that struck either the hood or the frame and just made a loud enough thump-noise to cover up that weak, "twang", I mean it just sounds soooooo bad.

WyrreJ
04/30/2007, 02:47 PM
So, you like to pop your hood open in order to display your manliness?

WILLY
04/30/2007, 02:55 PM
Well i think the look of the vx makes up for the little tink sound when opening the hood,the vx is too cool for people to care about the sound of ur hood popping open. :rolleyes:

Joe_Black
04/30/2007, 03:00 PM
Try adjusting the rubber snubbers at the hood corners as this controls the amount of tension on the hood when the you pop the release, which has a lot to do whether it's a "twang" or "thud".

nfpgasmask
04/30/2007, 04:23 PM
I agree, just today I was at a stop light, and I hear a guy yelling "Hey! Hey!" to get my attention. He is next to me in a GIANT duelly Dodge Ram pickup. He was like, "what is that?". I told him, and he said, "Wow that is cool!"

:) The VX holds on its own!

Bart

Well i think the look of the vx makes up for the little tink sound when opening the hood,the vx is too cool for people to care about the sound of ur hood popping open. :rolleyes:

JHarris1385
04/30/2007, 04:58 PM
Hood latch noise is an issue?

WILLY
05/01/2007, 07:48 AM
I guess so. :p

Ascinder
05/01/2007, 12:10 PM
My hood latch doesn't make any noise normally, so that isn't the issue, just when I open it the hood it sounds like someone is farting into a big brass gong. I will try adjusting the rubber pieces at the hood corners, and hopefully it will go away.

WILLY
05/01/2007, 12:25 PM
Ur funny ascinder and i thought i had issues lmfao. :p