PDA

View Full Version : Two Wheelin' in Moab

MSHardeman
05/07/2007, 08:37 AM
I think that this has already been posted, but is anybody else bringing their mountain bike to do a different kind of wheelin' out in Moab? If you haven't ridden Moab, and you have a mountain bike, bring it!! It's a blast out there.

See you in a week!! :jump:

Triathlete
05/07/2007, 09:02 AM
Next year I think I am going to go a few days early. I want to do some hiking in Canyon De Chelly on the way up and then maybe rent a Mt Bike and do a day of riding.

VX crazy
05/07/2007, 09:11 AM
Mark, too bad Lionsback is closed, you could bike up that one......that would FREAK me out! And I dont need a closed head injury.....

driver3
05/07/2007, 10:34 AM
I ride out there probably at least 4 times a year. Amasa Back is my favorite... but I like them all. I would say it's inching towards the "too freaking hot" time of year at this point. You'd have to ride real real early in the morning to have much fun. I'm saving my next riding trip for October in Moab. We usually ride out there Feb, March, April, then Sept, Oct, November...

nfpgasmask
05/07/2007, 12:13 PM
I would love to bring our bikes out, but I will be hauling enough as it is. I have seen video of mountain biking in Moab though and it looks fantastic.

And not to jack the thread, but just how hot does it get in Moab during mid May? Looks like 80s to 90s on weather.com.

Bart

MSHardeman
05/07/2007, 12:21 PM
driver3, do you ever do the 24 Hours of Moab in mid-October? I know that I'll be getting a team together this year for it, so I hope to see you out there.

nfp, it can get stinkin' hot even this early in the season. We just got some snow here in the Aspen area this past weekend, so it's going to be a bit of a shock to my system. I'm also warning everyone about my pastey white legs; they haven't seen the sun in a long time, so just be prepared. Sorry, back to the subject at hand; even in the 80's and 90's in Moab the sun is unforgiving and it can get blistering hot. Make sure to bring PLENTY of sunscreen and water, and make damn sure not to lean up against your Ebony VX.

biju
05/07/2007, 12:23 PM
Mark,

I know a couple buddies of mine (you've met one) who are coming out will be bringing their mountainbikes.

I think they're planning on going Thurs/Fri.

-biju.