PDA

View Full Version : What's the real scoop on the warranty?

DeepSilentComplete
05/14/2007, 10:59 AM
I'ver heard that the VX (as most/all Isuzus?) came with a 10 year powertrain warranty plus ? The local dealer I bought mine from said that this was only good with the original owner. True? False?

What's up with the warranty on these, anyway?

etlsport
05/14/2007, 11:23 AM
true. unless youre the original owner of your vx or you bought it from a family member, you dont have a warranty on your VX.. there are quite a few aftermarket options out ther though, just have to read the fine print about how you can void those warranties if you dont use their shops for maintenance or things like that

Anita
05/14/2007, 12:10 PM
The 2000 and 2001 models came with the 10 year, 120K mile warranty. The minute the vehicle is sold, the warranty cuts in half.

The 1999 warranty is covered for a lessor period. Check out http://www.isuzu.com/owners_warranty_before2000.jsp

DeepSilentComplete
05/14/2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks! You all are the best!

So, I guess it was a good thing I purchased an after market warranty for the beast.

It really is Hobson's choice. You pay $$$ for the warranty and have it if you need it, or you don't pay for one and hope that nothing goes wrong, at least anything that costs a fortune to repair. :_thinking

Ahh, the price of our toys! :eek: