PDA

View Full Version : It's mine, Its ALL mine!

TexVeX
05/16/2007, 05:02 AM
Hi, I am Jade from North Texas and I joined here about a week ago. I am quite glad to have found a forum of fellow VXers. I am sure this will be very helpful when I need it.

I found my VX after looking around for a rebuilt Eddie Bauer Bronco II. I had a bronco II several years ago and it was my favorite ride ever, as far as vehicles go. So I was looking in a local auto trader booklet and noticed a vehicle I had never heard of. Curiosity drove me to look it up online. This was the first vehicle my fiance and I agreed that we liked the look of. So we found one in Dallas about 70 miles from us.

After a test drive I was pretty much hooked in spite of my worries and doubts about blind spots. Thankfully I found this forum and read all about how to overcome blind spot problems. The feel of driving it was exactly like driving my Bronco II that I missed so dearly, except it felt much more stable in turns. So I couldn't wait to practice and become a proficient VX driver despite visibility issues.

Well, I paid cash for the truck. About 8200 with tax, title and license. Had to borrow from mom to get that much at once. Then she said not to worry about repaying her. Just think of it as part of an early inheritance. So my BF and I went to Dallas On monday, the day after my birthday, and signed all the papaer work.

Sometimes I just can't believe it is mine. It is such a cool vehicle and in such great shape. We got new, slightly bigger tires yesterday. My mechanic says we need new back brakes but the front ones are new already. And when I have it in for the brakes he will check everything else. He's an honest guy who I have known for years so I trust him with it.

This will be the first vehicle I have cared as much about as one SHOULD care for a vehicle. And really the best one to ever deserve it. Six of my 8 vehicles barely deserved to be driven, heheh. So you can see why I feel so excited about my new wheels.

Here are a few pics from the listing before I bought it. Nothing fancy. Just a normal '99 black. But you can almost tell how clean it is inside.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/FLSIDE.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/TRUNK.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/ENGINE.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/DOORA.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/INTERIORF.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a343/br549tc/INTERIORD.jpg

johnnyapollo
05/16/2007, 05:19 AM
Congrats! It looks like it's in great shape and you'll really enjoy driving it.

-- John

WILLY
05/16/2007, 05:40 AM
Woo hoo its all yours! congrats :dance: :clap: :_steering

WormGod
05/16/2007, 06:47 AM
What?! No Limited Edition ISUZU Shovel on the tailgate? You were ripped off my friend.

:rotate:

Welcome and Enjoy it.... I dont think you really have a choice though.

CoastieCosta567
05/16/2007, 07:24 AM
congrats buddy :clap: and welcome. i bought mine in december, and the pople in this site are the best. all u need is here and all the help u can get is here to. Congrats agian, :).

Corrosive
05/16/2007, 07:30 AM
As everyone else is saying... Congrats! You may want to look into the houston meet... its going on next month, I think the seccond off the top of my head, just check in the calander. I know it would be a long drive for you, but should be fun and well worth it to meet a few fellow VXers.

I think you got a pretty good deal. I think i saw in the pic 85,xxx miles, so thats not bad at all. I have about 136,000 so the engine can defonatley take it. I think I also noticed your ABS light on, hopefully its just low fluid but do a search if you are worried about that. Hope to see you around.

-Mike

PHO2GR4
05/16/2007, 07:47 AM
Congratulations, and wecome!

You have exactly one year to get your new VX ready for the 2008 Moab Road Trip. Don't do TOO much research in here, or you'll spend thousands more on modifications. Check out my photo gallery for some fun 1999 Ebony mods and upgrades!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/VXpassside.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/VXpassside.jpg)

Anita
05/16/2007, 08:01 AM
Congratulations and welcome! :flower:

cyronman
05/16/2007, 08:41 AM
Sweet, looks good...
Welcome

jemorga
05/16/2007, 09:33 AM
You may want to borrow some more of your inheritance from your mother. As you get into this there will be more and more you want to do. Nice looking rig and it does look very clean. Congratulations and enjoy. :)

Ascinder
05/16/2007, 10:10 AM
Looks great, hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. From how excited you sound in the posts, looks like we have another VX addict on our hands, welcome to the obsession!!

geshaw30
05/16/2007, 11:17 AM
Ahhhhh- nothing quite like the unbridled joy of a newbie. Congrats. You still ought to consider a Houston run for the 2nd. You'll learn more in 5 or 6 hours here than you'll learn in weeks of readng through the "search" function- and it's "hands on".

Also- take a look at tonemonday.com for VX goodies. Chances are Tone will be here on the 2nd and can bring what ever you might need. It'll save a bunch on shipping costs. Then we can do the install for you so you know it'll be done right (not that you can't do an install yourself mind you ;) - it's just that we've done a bunch over the years). You could meet up with the Austin clan and follow them southward. Ponder it

Anita
05/16/2007, 12:15 PM
What George said. Meets are the greatest source of information, fun and quite often, expert installations... :)

Mark B
05/16/2007, 12:17 PM
Welcome to the family. You will enjoy the VX and get lots of looks when driving.

TexVeX
05/17/2007, 06:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the big welcome. This site has already been a huge help from fixing the blind spots to learning more about this car than memorizing the owners manual could ever do.

The abs light was off when we drove it but I did mention my concern about it being on in the photo and had their mechanic check it out. All is well with it so far, knock on wood, and no more light.

Is tonemonday the place where you can get the door popper? I will have to check again after this post. But I would love to go to the Houston meet if able. I am just not sure if I can and wont know likely till the last minute.

I have noticed the looks. I didn't even expect them as much in an ebony. I just think the protons are the most outstanding in looks. But even in my black, when I pass people who drive other small SUV's or those ones that are similar to the old station wagons, they start rubber necking as I go by. But the best reaction so far was when I took it to my son's karate school. He just started driving my old Rodeo, two weeks ago. And hadn't seen this yet. The first one of his friends to come out while he was getting his first view said, "Whatever thatis, it's COOL!" and his best friend who drives a full size bronco kept saying, this is amazing.

I knew people would like it but I really wasn't prepared for how much. Makes me feel like a kid with a brand new pair of sneakers. lol.

Also, I forgot to mention, I am pretty sure, and almost willing to bet that I have the only one in Grayson County. I drive all over around here, and I had never seen one except for an instant as one zoomed by when I was in Dallas. Then I had forgotten about it by the time I saw the one in that booklet.

geshaw30
05/17/2007, 07:27 PM
Yup- Tone is where you get the door poppers

biju
05/17/2007, 07:31 PM
welcome.

careful with that Tone guy. rumor has it he has 'gateway mods' just like 'gateway drugs'! i.e. flashers, poppers, laughers, screamers, etc...

-biju.

TexVeX
05/19/2007, 07:55 AM
I can't say anymore that I am the only one in Grayson county. Darn it. ;) I saw a Proton yesterday and then I found a member registered right here locally.(a non-active member) Now I am thinking I have seen this yellow thing sitting at that restaurant before and never really looked to see what it was. I don't eat there because I don't think great Mexican food has to be that expensive. Tastes much better when its reasonably priced. Anyway, I think there are at least two V-crosses in my area. Hope I didn't anger the proton's owner by making them no longer the only VX in town. heheh

Gussie2000
02/25/2008, 05:16 PM
Well what else can i say to you..... :rolleyes:

WEEEELCOME TO THE FAMILY :p

i HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS I ENJOY MINES.
i CAN ALSO RECALL THE SECOND DAY I HAD MY TRUCK THIS CHICK & HER BOY FRIEND CHASE ME ABOUT 15 MILES JUST TO ASK ME WHERE IN THE HELL'S NAME I GOT MY TOY.

SINCE THEN I REALIZED HOW FUNNY IS TO OWN AN UNIQUE VEHICULE & FROM THAT DAY ON MANY GUYS KEEP ASKING ME ABOUT THE V-CROSS.

AGAIN,WELCOME

nfpgasmask
02/26/2008, 09:19 AM
Congrats. Ebony is teh best!

Bart

tom4bren
02/26/2008, 10:30 AM
"I just think the protons are the most outstanding in looks."

Thank you!!!!!

PHHHHTTT to gasmask:) (notice I always use the PROTON smiley).

Welcome to the adiction. The first day my wife drove her Proton to work, she was climbing piles of snow to show off for all the admirers. She's been hooked ever since.