PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust... (maybe)

v2
05/28/2007, 10:02 PM
A psycho suicidal bike rider side-swiped my VX today. The passenger side from front to rear fender is dented, mirror is gone, front fender cladding has a deep scratch and the door has a 1/2" gash in the metal right up front near the hinge (dude must have had a head made of steel). He walked away with his slightly damaged bike (I think only the handlebar got twisted out of position) he did not say much. At least he did pull the iPod earphones out of his ears when I asked him for the third time if he was OK. The VX will probably be totaled by my insurance due to lack of parts, but, I am a glass-is-half-empty person so, who knows. The cops wrote it up as a hit-and-run.

Knew I should have stayed at home today. :rolleyes:

-

nocturnalVX
05/28/2007, 10:37 PM
:waab:
Sorry to hear about your VX getting hit by a motorcyclist (I assume you did not mean bicyclist). There are riders on this forum, and I'm sure none of them are happy that one of our biker brothers ruined a VX. I hate when any VX gets taken out, but to have it happen by a biker... damn. Unfortunately, there are too many piss-poor riders out there! There are things beyond our control, and (no matter how hard we try to take good care of them) every so often the VX doesn't stay safe. I'm glad you are though! I hope you can get your insurance to fix your baby up. Good luck!

Bimati
05/29/2007, 03:19 AM
That blows for many reasons. As a Denver biker, I'm not happy about many items you described, but the important part is that no one got hurt/killed. :mad:

You have a bunch of VX support here in Denver, so let us know what we can do to help. :)

Post or PM us if you need anything.

Bim

v2
05/30/2007, 01:08 PM
:waab:
Sorry to hear about your VX getting hit by a motorcyclist (I assume you did not mean bicyclist). There are riders on this forum, and I'm sure none of them are happy that one of our biker brothers ruined a VX. I hate when any VX gets taken out, but to have it happen by a biker... damn. Unfortunately, there are too many piss-poor riders out there! There are things beyond our control, and (no matter how hard we try to take good care of them) every so often the VX doesn't stay safe. I'm glad you are though! I hope you can get your insurance to fix your baby up. Good luck!

Actually, it was a bicyclist or "pedal pusher". I could not believe how much damage he caused. He must have been going at a fair clip.

Thanks for the offers of support, I may have to take you up on them (I hope not but it is nice to know they are there if I need them).

I hope my Trooper (239K miles) lasts long enough to get the VX fixed or whatever. I feel really odd behind the wheel of "Christine" my old '88. I have been driving the VX exclusively since I got my new CAT (under warranty) back in Feburary.

I guess each time we take our VXs out we play a bit of "Russian Roulette".

Thanks again

-

Chopper
05/30/2007, 02:36 PM
Pix please...I've been doing collision repair for quite some time, and only saw one bike-totaled car. He'd hit the bike square on at like 60...quite a mess.

cyronman
05/30/2007, 05:49 PM
I guess each time we take our VXs out we play a bit of "Russian Roulette".

-

That's exactly how I look at it too.

Cy

v2
06/01/2007, 12:58 PM
Pix please...I've been doing collision repair for quite some time, and only saw one bike-totaled car. He'd hit the bike square on at like 60...quite a mess.

I have some pics i will post them when I get a chance. Funny, in the pictures it does not look as bad.

-

nater
06/01/2007, 01:08 PM
I've had my bicycle up to 50 MPH before.

Nate