PDA

View Full Version : All those for sale signs

CrnCnn
06/15/2007, 10:34 PM
It seems like another VX goes up for sale every day. Dropping like flies. I maybe joining those ranks soon. Not entirely sure yet, but I was a jeep pervert at one point in my life and its calling my name. I would love to trade in the wife’s Grand Cherokee for a Wrangler so I could have both but we owe too much. The fact is I love the VX but I guess since I am not any type of fabricator or motivated as I used to be to think up things to do I like the appeal of simple bolt on additions. Plus I just like the look of wranglers. I know that will get some blood to boil. But that’s how I feel.

dunno, :_confused

Clint

Put that stick down!!!

nfpgasmask
06/15/2007, 10:38 PM
You can sell your VX to me!!!

;) Bart

CrnCnn
06/15/2007, 10:41 PM
You can sell your VX to me!!!

;) Bart
At least it would go to a good home :)

Triathlete
06/15/2007, 10:46 PM
And after bolting on all those available mods that jeep would almost be as capable as your VX! :bwgy:

nfpgasmask
06/15/2007, 10:47 PM
Seriously though, if I could afford it, I would love to have a second VX.

Bart

CrnCnn
06/15/2007, 10:48 PM
And after bolting on all those available mods that jeep would almost be as capable as your VX! :bwgy:
Maybe I just dont know how to use it right

CrnCnn
06/15/2007, 10:50 PM

Bart
I dont know what I owe on it still...

nfpgasmask
06/15/2007, 10:54 PM
I would love to have another VX, lifted, that I could just bash around in. You know, paint it khaki desert camo, roll cage, etc. My own version of a wasteland rally VX. That would be somuchfun!

Bart

I dont know what I owe on it still...

CrnCnn
06/15/2007, 10:56 PM
I would love to have another VX, lifted, that I could just bash around in. You know, paint it khaki desert camo, roll cage, etc. My own version of a wasteland rally VX. That would be somuchfun!

Bart
That would be dope

JHarris1385
06/16/2007, 11:06 AM
Post price. Im intrested. Got my goals set on a Proton though.

Lizardmen3477
06/17/2007, 04:33 AM
I have a proton for sale possibly with some mods email me if interested i wil give you some details.

CrnCnn
06/19/2007, 08:29 PM
It seems like another VX goes up for sale every day. Dropping like flies. I maybe joining those ranks soon. Not entirely sure yet, but I was a jeep pervert at one point in my life and its calling my name. I would love to trade in the wife’s Grand Cherokee for a Wrangler so I could have both but we owe too much. The fact is I love the VX but I guess since I am not any type of fabricator or motivated as I used to be to think up things to do I like the appeal of simple bolt on additions. Plus I just like the look of wranglers. I know that will get some blood to boil. But that’s how I feel.

dunno, :_confused

Clint

Put that stick down!!!

Man I must have been drunk. I love you VX!!!!

CrnCnn
06/19/2007, 09:01 PM
The following helped change my mind and is what I DON’T want to turn into:

Well no one else could get back off the beach. While me and the kids played in the water we were entertained by the 4x4 want-a-be's trying to climb off the beach. Seeing their difficaulting I prepaired myself for the climb out. I air'd down to 8 psi. A couple of the defeated want-a-be's came over to ask if i knew of another way off the beach. "nope I am going out the way you are all trying". So when it came time for me and the kids to leave, I drove out as easy as going up my driveway. Then I pulled out one of them so he could pull out the rest, none of them were jeeps. The Moral is if you see a jeep someplace all alone and you are not driving a Jeep "STAY THE F--- AWAY!" specialy if a crazy person is driving the Jeep your going to follow.

CrnCnn
06/19/2007, 09:06 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/111-1.jpg

nocturnalVX
06/19/2007, 09:43 PM

Bart

A second VX? I want one of each color! I REALLY need to win some big $$$!

nfpgasmask
06/19/2007, 10:06 PM
Depending on how things go for me over the next year or so, there is a good possibility I will start hunting for a "deal". If I could find a good, strong running VX in the $5000-$6500 range, I would SERIOUSLY consider it. But again, it all depends on how things go for me over the next 12 months.

Clint, is that Mr. Horse?

Glad to know you sobered up and still love your VX.

Bart

PHO2GR4
06/19/2007, 11:13 PM
That does indeed resemble Mr. Horse:

"No sir! I don't like it!"

CrnCnn
06/20/2007, 05:23 AM
Me too Bart. I really wanted to puke after reading some of those holier than thow statements by those guys on the other forums.

Yes, gentlemen that is Mr. Horse.

I can never remember if it was; "Well sir, I dont like it" or "no sir, I dont like it."

ZEUS
06/20/2007, 08:06 AM
Bart and I got into a conversation about the "Jeep Thing" on here once. He called Jeepers elitists and I agreed that there are some snobs out there. But there are snobs everywhere - I even considered what Bart had to say a bit on the elitist side... no offense of course. But why would you let other people's attitudes dictate what you want to buy? Buying a Jeep doesn't make you one of "those people"! There are too many pricks with Porsches but they are still nice cars. Lots of snobby cyclists with Subarus; doesn't mean you are going to start doing downhill racing. :)

CrnCnn
06/20/2007, 09:09 AM
Bart and I got into a conversation about the "Jeep Thing" on here once. He called Jeepers elitists and I agreed that there are some snobs out there. But there are snobs everywhere - I even considered what Bart had to say a bit on the elitist side... no offense of course. But why would you let other people's attitudes dictate what you want to buy? Buying a Jeep doesn't make you one of "those people"! There are too many pricks with Porsches but they are still nice cars. Lots of snobby cyclists with Subarus; doesn't mean you are going to start doing downhill racing. :)

True true. That isn’t the main reason why I don’t want to get rid of the VX now. I still do in a way just something to beat up on though. I just got to thinking about it and really didn’t want to get rid of my VX. Its fun. It looks cool. I have met a some cool people (on and off line) because of it.

Dino
06/20/2007, 09:13 AM
Ahhh the Jeepers :rolleyes:

my favorite youtube Hells Gate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2-v-zEKNU

Keep that VX!!! :cool:

CrnCnn
06/20/2007, 09:14 AM
Also one thing about me is I am VERY indecisive.

ZEUS
06/20/2007, 09:38 AM
I know how it is... I wanted to get a new Rubicon, then decided against it. Then I considered an SAS on the VX, then decided against it. Who knows what I will do!?

nfpgasmask
06/20/2007, 11:29 AM
I really don't think Jeeps are bad vehicles. In fact, they are very capable, super modable, bad @$$ off road vehicles. There is no question about that. I have several friends who love them, and they are not elitist @$$holes.

But, you know what it really is for me? During my short, 15 minute drive into work today, I counted 7 Jeep Wranglers. Had I been paying attention, I probably could have counted 10 Jeep Cherokees. And I probably missed a few of each.

Its just like Apple I-PODs. I really have no problem with the device itself. The interface is good, it plays MP3s, there are million accessories for it, but I think my Creative Labs Zen Vision, is just as good, if not better. I feel the same about my VX. Not to mention, I counted only 1 VX on my way to work, and I was in it. :)

Bart

nfpgasmask
06/20/2007, 11:35 AM
And one more thing, if I was to buy another off roading vehicle (that's not another VX), I would probably try to find an old 70s Ford Bronco. I just love em.

http://i7.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/a6/02/eacc_12.JPG

Or, one of these, if I could afford one:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/7715/eb25dc8.jpg

Bart

JHarris1385
06/20/2007, 11:44 AM
Amen Bart. I feel the same way. And have always liked the old broncos and defenders too.

Scott Harness
06/20/2007, 12:43 PM
Defender...Yes!! My thing with Jeeps are reliability,rough ride,they are everywhere. They are great off-road. It would have to be a hard top that I would never take off. VX's run circles around them on-road. I could not see me driving a jeep to Moab and back from Texas. There is a reason you always see them on a trailer or being towed. Uncomfortable. I'll stop ranting now!

ZEUS
06/20/2007, 01:53 PM
My thing with Jeeps are reliability,rough ride,they are everywhere. I could not see me driving a jeep to Moab and back from Texas. There is a reason you always see them on a trailer or being towed. Uncomfortable. I'll stop ranting now!

WEENIE! :p I drove an '89 soft top, carbed, Wrangler from El Paso to Casper and back once - 1000 miles each way. Drove from Boise to Casper once before that. Drove from Casper to Moab and back too - not a big deal really - pretty fun to tell you the truth. The VX rides about the same, it is just quieter. Reliability? That Jeep is still running with over 150,000 miles! Replaced the water pump, alternator, and clutch; that's it (besides maintainence and simple wear items) in the past 10 years we have had it!

I understand there are a bunch of Wranglers and XJ's all over the place. But when was the last time you saw a cab-over Jeep, or a Willys, or an MB, or a CJ-10/Tug? They are all increasingly rare! I own a CJ-5 which is also getting to be pretty rare. I see Isuzus every day and I see Jeeps everyday - but I rarely see a VX and I rarely see a Scrambler. End rant... ;)

Any fans of the International Scouts/Shoebox?

Bulldoggie
06/20/2007, 01:53 PM
Ahhh the Jeepers :rolleyes:

my favorite youtube Hells Gate video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE2-v-zEKNU

Keep that VX!!! :cool:

I have always felt this to be a High Risk Trail.
Because the trail is "V" shaped. the sidewalls will climb and in less than one tire revolution....... ***** happens!!!!!
That is why I like those pictures, in the galleries, the most.
I would feel safer with a winch tied to a dead head at the top, (or a rig at the top with a winch)
I could not replace my VX. if I rolled it in the name of sport.
Keep the shiny side up!

JHarris1385
06/20/2007, 02:00 PM
I see less than 2 Zu's a day. RARELY see a Axiom. Does anyone know how many of those were produced? I see a VX all the time. Joe = Jkstephens on here has an IronMan as well, and lives down the road a bit.

nfpgasmask
06/20/2007, 02:28 PM
I am actually still in shock at home many Isuzus I see here in Reno. When I lived in Chicago, I would only see an occasional Trooper or Rodeo. But out here, man, there are TONS of Troopers and LOADS of Rodeos. I have seen several Amigos but not as many as Troopers and Rodeos. I frequently see some really nice old Trooper IIs and they still look good.

Bart

Chopper
06/20/2007, 02:51 PM
'79-'86 I drove an old FJ softtop everywhere. One time, Philadelphia to L.A. to Daytona to Philadelphia in a ten day stretch. That lovely monster made a CJ seem positively refined. I loved every day of it.

JHarris1385
06/20/2007, 02:53 PM
Odd you didnt see many in Chicago. When I went to Purdue University the towns up there were loaded with Zu's and Ru's (subaru), becuase of the Laffeyette, Indiana plant that produced both makes. Figured they would travel a little north too. I see more honda passports than rodeo's.

james1_10018
06/20/2007, 03:17 PM
J harris still interested in a second VX. I need to sell mine. I'll help you ship it

ZEUS
06/20/2007, 04:21 PM
For the heck of it. Here are some of the Jeeps you DON'T see!

Willys Wagon
http://www.thefcconnection.com/wagon%20and%20trailer.jpg

FC-170's and 150's(Forward Control)
http://www.thefcconnection.com/M677's%20at%20the%20Roundup.jpg

And here is one for Bart. M715
http://www.roadgems.com/images/01photos/1967%20Jeep%20M715%20Military%20pickup%20Lucksinge r%20=KD=.jpg

nfpgasmask
06/20/2007, 04:42 PM
I have seen ONE of those Willy's Wagon's here in Reno. It was not nearly in the shape that one is in though.

And yeah, I almost, ALMOST love olive drab as much as I love black...I just love repitition and uniformity. There is something so menacing about flat black and OD fleets of angry looking vehicles. I also desert drab too, I think a desert camo rally VX might be in store for me next year sometime....

This one is sweet:

Khaki Jeep (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-kaiser-military-jeep-m715_W0QQitemZ330137071421QQihZ014QQcategoryZ80765 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Bart

ZEUS
06/20/2007, 06:52 PM
I would so dig a desert camo rally VX! My Chevy Army truck is in desert drab - I planned on installing a sand color soft shell on it to match and already have the desert color HMMWV wheels and tires for it... maybe I should paint MY VX to match all that... what an awesome sight it would be to see that being towed down to Moab!!!! Hmmm.... Has a red desert drab been conceived yet??? :)
Well, CrnCnn I have totally murdered this thread for you... I hope you don't mind! :p :rolleyes:

nfpgasmask
06/20/2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it would look sweet. Khaki body, flat black cladding, lifted with BFG Mud Terrains, roof rack with M60 mounted up top, snorkel, automatic caltrops dispenser, smoke screen, winch and some giant steel ramming spikes coming out of the front, FARK YEAH! Sounds like my summer 08 project! :)

Bart

PS - I'm not kidding....well maybe the M60 part, but the rest is :thumbup:

I would so dig a desert camo rally VX! My Chevy Army truck is in desert drab - I planned on installing a sand color soft shell on it to match and already have the desert color HMMWV wheels and tires for it... maybe I should paint MY VX to match all that... what an awesome sight it would be to see that being towed down to Moab!!!! Hmmm.... Has a red desert drab been conceived yet??? :)
Well, CrnCnn I have totally murdered this thread for you... I hope you don't mind! :p :rolleyes:

Scott Harness
06/21/2007, 09:08 AM
Ok Ok I'm a weenie when it comes to driving long distances,but I've always heard of reliability problems. Glad you guys have had better experiences. :yesg: