PDA

View Full Version : Engine Vendors

majork
06/23/2007, 08:01 AM
Is anyone willing to come online and recommend 1 or more sources of reliable rebuilt or remanned 6VE1 engines...

I have been reading this website for a while and dont remember ever seeing specific engine vendors mentioned...

There has got to be at least one good experience out there....

IndianaVX
06/23/2007, 09:31 AM
major,
im not sure about rebuilds, but a new modified 6ve1 is around 3 grand, if i remember right. im thinking i saw rebuilds going for about the same, but my memory is a bit foggy .......not sure if the rebuilds are putting the new "benifits" in the engine or not.
but the new modifieds have better rings in the pistons, and i think a couple of better oiling issues.

Tobert
06/23/2007, 10:22 AM
I'm toying with the idea of getting one of those remans off Ebay. I have no idea if they're any good. Those sellers do have pretty darn high feedback scores though.

My concern is that it won't last. That's a bit silly, because almost all remanufacturing houses use brand-new pistons/rings with bored or honed cylinders. It should be as good as or better than a new engine, but with all of these VX's blowing up, I'm hesitant to drop another 3-4k on one myself.

majork
06/25/2007, 09:00 PM
Well if somebody has identified a good engine remanufacturer or rebuilder

Please let me know who they are and what their contact number is

jgalt
07/05/2007, 09:21 AM
When my 3.5 bit the dust, I purchased a remanned long-block here.

http://www.rhinoengines.com/isuzuengines.htm

Very good service and a good warranty too (better than Isuzu's). The product was also top-notch as noted by the dealer who did my install. The only negative comment on their part was that the pre-lube was a little light.

So far, so good for me.