PDA

View Full Version : Try Again? Houston 7/28

geshaw30
06/30/2007, 10:08 AM
Things are slowly starting to return to normalcy for Cary & I so we thought we might try to set this meet up again. How does the last Saturday in July look for everyone as a possible reschedule date?

Dumke
06/30/2007, 11:40 AM
Works for me. I shall be there

LittleBeast
06/30/2007, 08:32 PM
Works for me too.

VXD959
07/01/2007, 07:58 PM
I'm in...

VX crazy
07/02/2007, 05:24 AM
works for me too

geshaw30
07/02/2007, 11:15 AM
The 28th it is then. :thumbup:

Figure on noon here and, as always, I'll PM those new folks who need directions and my cell. Swim, food, drinks, and installs before heading off (somewhere) in a VX caravan for dinner.

Make sure to check Tone's web page (www.tonemonday.com) for any mod that you might need to be delivered as it saves on shipping costs and can be installed here "while you wait" (weather permitting).

If you would please check in at the "event calendar" as it gives me a running total on needed food/drink supplies. Thanks & we'll see you then

geshaw30
07/06/2007, 03:06 PM
--BUMP--

To date those planning to attend:

VX Crazy
Tone
LittleBeast
VXD959
Choonks
XXXXXX
circmand
JULIAN911
protonvxmatt

I haven't heard from Larry but we can always count on him-
Corrosive??

.....anyone else? The doors are always open

JULIAN911
07/10/2007, 04:54 PM
Any local driving event ideas? tear up Galveston beach with our VX :)

It's ok Lisa, a little sand ain't gonna hurt nutting :p

geshaw30
07/11/2007, 02:16 PM
We get enough attendees and we can fill the Bolivar ferry on a trip to Crystal Beach.

www.shifting-sands.com/images/Ferry_large.jpg

But we'll save that trip for another event. The wait on the ferry to Chrystal beach is 2-3 hours on a weekend.

geshaw30
07/14/2007, 06:06 AM
LEG 01VX- Larry, sent you a note but your PM box is filled. Checkin with you on the 28th.

protonvxmatt
07/16/2007, 12:49 AM
a houston meet? sweet!! I live about two hours away in Goliad. if anybody can give me directions i'll definantly be there. it will be great since i leave for basic training on the 14th of August.

VXD959
07/16/2007, 07:19 AM
Great! It seems that we are set for a record attendance!

What ever happened to Tim G?

geshaw30
07/16/2007, 10:12 AM
protonvxmatt- just sent you a PM with directions. Tim is kinda hit or miss Daniel. We have a working arrangement on the issue that I'll explain later.

Dumke
07/16/2007, 12:12 PM
protonvxmatt- just sent you a PM with directions. Tim is kinda hit or miss Daniel. We have a working arrangement on the issue that I'll explain later.

I am going to need directions as well please.

geshaw30
07/16/2007, 02:06 PM
Dumke- just sent you PM with directions. Another option (if it's easier) is to meet up with the Austin crew and follow them this way. You can reach Tone on the number listed on his web site www.tonemonday.com or email him if that idea has merit. Otherwise the directions from 45 south should work.
-Looking forward to it--

Anyone else?????

VX crazy
07/18/2007, 07:24 AM
Dumke, let me know if your planning on coming through Austin and caravaning with us. Austin crew let me know if you want to go to breakfast on the way at 290 cafe 9ish????

protonvxmatt
07/21/2007, 01:59 PM
man, i don't know if any one else is excited but i sure am. i've only seen one other vx up close and the chance to get to meet y'all is very cool. so i hope i don't sound like an idiot when i say this but i'm pretty stoked about this. :) :)

Dumke
07/21/2007, 03:47 PM
Dumke, let me know if your planning on coming through Austin and caravaning with us. Austin crew let me know if you want to go to breakfast on the way at 290 cafe 9ish????

Well sad news. I wont be able to make it to the shin dig :( Some things have come up. I was gonna even try and meet austin people and goto meet. Oh well maybe next time. You all better take some pictures :)

LittleBeast
07/21/2007, 04:53 PM
VX is still in the shop, they have had it since 6/28/07 trying to figure out the short that is causing the transmission to mess up. I have tried all the remedies on this site and even bought two extra trans shifter levers and had the wiring harness from the front of the engine to the transmission replaced, but no luck.

Anyways, I am in Rio (Brazil) at the Pan American Games representing the good 'ole USA in the Decathlon this monday and tuesday. I am pretty excited they have a brand new stadium that has not been run in yet, it seats 45,000+ and they have sold out all the Track and field tickets already. I am pretty sure I will come home as soon as I am done competing so I think I will make it, but I might not have the VX. Hope to see you all soon.
In Christ,
Ryan H

JULIAN911
07/22/2007, 05:49 PM
George,

PM me your address - I might need to drop by Delorean Motor in Humble and want to get a feel for how far it is from your house.

Thanks

TexVeX
07/23/2007, 03:36 PM
I wish I could go, but I really should save the money and invest in new rear brakes. :rolleyes:

JULIAN911
07/24/2007, 08:30 PM
George,

Do you have an agenda for the day yet? it was fun last time we went to the Body Works show after dinner and was just wondering what's going on this weekend.

VXD959
07/25/2007, 05:43 AM
George,

Please pm your address. I think I remember how to get there, but just in case...A what time do you want us there?

Also, the news say that there is a 50-70% chance of rain/thunderstorms that day. I was planning to tackle my window issues that day with the help of the VXs gurus, and also replacing one of my headlights.

Please let me know if you want me to bring something.

Julian: there's an Astros vs. San Diego baseball game at 2:55 p.m. Perhaps too early, but due to the chance of rain...I guess we have to plan an "indoor" activity.

Regards,

JULIAN911
07/25/2007, 10:26 AM
If we want to combine dinner and indoor games, we can go to D&B. Or we can go to Galveston and have dinner by the ocean. Let's do something that we can all drive our VXs.

geshaw30
07/25/2007, 05:11 PM
Ok. As an "up to the moment" agenda---I don't have one if the weather sets in like they claim. As it stands now they are calling for 70% chance of thunderstorms with up to 1 to 5 inches. I'm still pondering though.

Those folks that are in need of installs the "new & improved" garage here is ready and I figured we can wheel them inside one at a time for the work. I'm hoping someone has a dvd of the Moab runs while the work is going on. It's kinda hard to plan a long event trip as I'm not sure how many people are in need of work or the time it'll take. The cement pond is ready if the sun agrees.

If there is no rain in the evening there are Pro Am stock drag races near Intercontential airport, quarter horses at the track (it can rain on this one too), D&B for dinner, or Galveston, Kemah, or Westheimer run (if the sun is out). The "after the race concert series" at the horse track stars those world renown bands- Finger Eleven, Sick Puppies, & Strata.....I'm dying here.

I'll also entertain suggestions fom the locals as the time & weather progress. As is always the case I'll start looking for local folks around noon and the Austin group whenever they arrive (early or late).

Julian- nothing as cool as the body works this time. The have a huge live frogs of the world (yes- frogs) show at the exhibit hall now... http://www.hmns.org/exhibits/special_exhibits/frogs.asp

JULIAN911
07/25/2007, 08:18 PM
FROGS???? Cool... I wouldn't mind :)

geshaw30
07/30/2007, 09:35 AM
Enjoyed the company as always. As a recap for those who did not attend there were a total of 7 here which, considering the weather forcast, was an achievement. The heat put a damper on mod/repair plans but we were able to finish a minor project in getting the magnetic bra on my ride. I must say it looks good but took a little more stretching/pulling/tapping (I know Julian-it was the wrong hammer!!) than I expected. Kemah run for dinner.

Will see the Austin crowd on the 25th of August at Town Lake as my eldest son attempts to bring home the Red Bull Flugtag Championship.
http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/Texas2007/sketches.aspx

The Chupacabra Iditarod Sled entry

circmand
07/30/2007, 09:47 AM
Hey Gary thanks again for hosting the meet it was very enjoyable. Your wife put out a great spread and enough to feed an army. Hope you are not eating leftovers for the next week or so.

Tone
07/30/2007, 10:11 AM
Great time as always George - thanks for hosting it yet again! I forgot to give ya the 'bat' gift so remind me @ Flugtag. Tell me the name of your son's entry so we can arrange our schedule to accomodate. We have been invited to the Houston unveiling and driving experience for the new MB C-Class but can choose which day we want to drive. And I'll make sure to have the HIDs when you are down....

geshaw30
07/30/2007, 11:19 AM
It's the The Chupacabra Iditarod Sled but I don't know the "flight time" on Saturday yet. I'll keep you posted.

protonvxmatt
07/30/2007, 12:34 PM
thanks for hosting the event, i had a blast. that was the first meet i've ever been to and it was fun. we finally got home after all of my electrical problems. i'm taking it to the shop tommorrow. thank you for all the help. i'm looking forward to going to more meets.

thank you, Matt

VX crazy
07/30/2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks again to George and Cary for hosting the meet, and having great food and company! It was great meeting new people and seeing old 'family'......we missed Ryan!

geshaw30
07/30/2007, 12:47 PM
It's official. We just booked Friday and Saturday (24 & 25) at the Hyatt on Town Lake--aka Lady Bird Lake--so we'll see the Austin crew in late August for Flugtag. Perhaps dinner with the VX locals and another bat guano float might be in order as Cary missed the dive bombing rodents the last time.

A big thank you to Julian & Rhonda and Tone & Lisa for offering their casa's for us to stay that weekend. The Hyatt made sense in case Cary needs to get out of the elements. This way we can walk back to the enviromentally controlled atmosphere in case she needs it.

VXD959
07/30/2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks George! We really had a good time at your place. Dinner at Kemah was also nice. I already ordered the Collonite 845 to apply to my hood insert!

Perhaps next time we meet we can do some "mild" off-road activities. ProtonVxMatt probably has some nice off-road spots in Goliad, Tx. (riding mower mudding sounds like fun!) or we can try
http://generalsams.com/
http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/
http://www.treesranch.homestead.com/index.html

See you all soon!