PDA

View Full Version : Driver Door handle woes...

VXNIT
07/14/2007, 04:49 PM
Anyone have issues with handle cover coming off at handle end on drivers door? I took it off and need a pic of another to compare, cannot tell if broken or not...Just wont stay on the panel...Thanks if anyone can assit...

Chopper
07/15/2007, 04:43 AM
inside? I'm not sure what cover you're talking about. If you find yourself up in Palm Coast, stop by the shop (Flagler Collision) I'll hook you up, if at all possible. Wayne

VXNIT
07/15/2007, 07:45 AM
Yea, the inside where the handle joins the rear part of door panel, not the front where window controls etc. are located. They just snap in front with pressure clamps but I see nothing that holds rear in place and mine just pulls away from door. I will stop next time in the area. I and some others just opened Plantation Wine adn Sprits on Old Kings so check out our free wine and liq pours on Tuesdays....Thanks.

etlsport
07/15/2007, 11:02 AM
there should be a small tab that sticks into a slot in the door at the rear of the handlehttp://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/100_0466.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_0466.jpg)

you can see it in this pic on the left side of the handle

Chopper
07/15/2007, 05:17 PM
Ahhh....the door pull. Probably knocked the rear tab off. Anyone work on your windows? Daytona Isuzu broke both of mine in the process of fixing the windows. A new one is like 100 bucks from Isuzu. You may get creative, and glue it, but remember, sooner or later you are gonna have to get inside that door. If you glue it, you'll have to break in again, and the hundred dollar piece may not be available. You may want to consider getting a new one.

BD-VX99
07/15/2007, 07:56 PM
The previous owner of mine appears to have crush the door pull on the passenger side trying to put something too big in the front and then slamming the door on it. I glued a random piece of black plasitc in place of the rear tab. It works fine and is solid. However I warn you to let the glue dry for a very long time. I thought mine was dry and then installed the door pull, only to see the next day that I have a small drip of dry super glue run onto my red plastic door panel.