PDA

View Full Version : GTO Headlight Covers

tysamigo
07/15/2007, 09:23 AM
I tried searching the group for pics of any aftermarket headlight covers and wasn't successful. Could anyone help or does anyone have any pics?

VXNIT
07/15/2007, 09:48 AM
GTS has them and best deal out there is at giftssuperwarehouse.com, 39$ I believe. I have GTS on rear and removed GTS labes and they look pretty decent. I am thinking of a pair for front but would like to know how they are regarding fit, issues with gaskets around lights etc for those who already purchased...GTS headlight cover owners chime in please.

tysamigo
07/15/2007, 10:46 AM
Cool. I have the same questions. I don't want to do the taillight covers but am considering the headlight covers. Any advice or pics?

VCrossfan
07/15/2007, 11:12 AM
Here's a pic of "Carbon Fiber Look" GTS (w/sticker removed) and on mine they fit well. I remember some had small issues of fit if your cladding is to close to the headlight assembly (makes it tougher to slip the lower tab in) one side of mine was alittle tight and I just adjusted my cladding a very small amount. It's not a great closeup but, I'll post a closer one tonite or in the morning...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/thumbs/100_2410.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/100_2410.JPG)

Ldub
07/15/2007, 02:09 PM
GTS has them and best deal out there is at giftssuperwarehouse.com, 39$ I believe. I have GTS on rear and removed GTS labes and they look pretty decent. I am thinking of a pair for front but would like to know how they are regarding fit, issues with gaskets around lights etc for those who already purchased...GTS headlight cover owners chime in please.

Wish I would have seen this info. before I bought mine for around fifty a month or so ago...Oh Well. :rolleyes:
The fit was good on the passenger side, had to do some sanding (maybe 1/8-3/16") on the radius above the drivers side "horn" so it wouldn't rub the paint on the fender.
After a month & change, there are a few cracks forming in the plastic where the tab tucks in at the bottom & also where the hood closes on the upper tab.
The cracks don't show when the hood is closed so it doesn't bother me, but I think I'll be taking them off before the weather gets real cold.

VXR
07/15/2007, 03:43 PM
Are/were your gaskets loose or missing when you installed the covers? Do you even need the gaskets if you use covers?

:confused:

Ldub
07/15/2007, 04:18 PM
Are/were your gaskets loose or missing when you installed the covers? Do you even need the gaskets if you use covers?

:confused:

My gaskets are intact. The covers will fit without the gaskets, but may not be a "tight" fit.
The addition of some self stick weather stripping foam applied to the underside of the hood, where the upper tab goes under the hood would help.

Lizardmen3477
07/15/2007, 06:21 PM
I order head and tail light covers along with vent visors from GT Styling. They were 45 a piece for head and tail and 75 for vent visors including shipping should be here tomorrow. :)

tysamigo
07/15/2007, 06:24 PM
Cool Lizard...could you please please post pics once installed?

:)

Lizardmen3477
07/16/2007, 04:30 AM
yes i am also painting my bottom today so i will be adding lots of pics. Today or Whenever those covers arrvie will be the debuting of MyVX on this forum its gonna be great the wait is almost over.

Techy-D
07/16/2007, 01:01 PM
yes i am also painting my bottom today so i will be adding lots of pics. Today or Whenever those covers arrvie will be the debuting of MyVX on this forum its gonna be great the wait is almost over.
Hummm... :eek: :confused: :p

Lizardmen3477
07/16/2007, 04:12 PM
My Rubber I Mean. LoL. It is finally getting painted black. :)

Techy-D
07/17/2007, 08:33 AM
My Rubber I Mean. LoL. It is finally getting painted black. :)
It struck me as funny.... Come to think of it, most things do! :p
Glad we don't have to start callin ya "Black Bottom Bart". ;)

JHarris1385
07/17/2007, 08:43 AM
Got pics....lizard