PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got Pictures Of My Ride Up Have A Look

Lizardmen3477
07/17/2007, 03:52 PM
I have them all in my gallery. I will post some new ones again next week after I get Tones Chrome Side Step put on. Let me know what you all think. Just got the bottom painted.

ZEUS
07/17/2007, 04:09 PM
Looks great - all you need are some tires! Oh, there they are...

etlsport
07/17/2007, 04:13 PM
heh zeus.. my thoughts exactly.. my g/f was lookin at the pics over my shoulder and said i feel like that vx is missing something but i cant figure out what... i said "tires" she says oh yea u know youre right!.. wait you can just drive on rims can you?.. then i pointed out the rubber bands heh..

lizardmen.. it does look good though, very clean i like it! maybe get a lift on there and beef up your tires a hair, so far youve done some nice work though keep it up.. what did u do w/ your hood insert? its nice and dark and smooth looking

Lizardmen3477
07/17/2007, 06:01 PM
I repainted it then gloss it with some high quality durable paint. I think it turnt out awesome. You red my mind i am gonna lift in bout 3 inchs in a few months then get me some bigger tires that is all it could handle for now though. :) There not to bad for rubber bands. I cant wait to lift though and get some meat on those boys to protect them better. Thanks for compliments.

VXD959
07/17/2007, 07:12 PM
Repainted professionally (or spray painted?)? Did you also painted the cladding? Looks great! I also agree on the tires. Congrats!

uncle_asa
07/17/2007, 07:47 PM
Looks like Hotwheels collectible toy :)

WILLY
07/17/2007, 09:19 PM
wow!looks great but are you going to paint ur cladding bolts so they show or are u going to leave them the way they are?O and is that a rough ride with the rubber bands?
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/05-Photo_5.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/05-Photo_5.jpg)

thedutchguy
07/17/2007, 11:40 PM
wow!looks great but are you going to paint ur cladding bolts so they show or are u going to leave them the way they are?O and is that a rough ride with the rubber bands?

My thoughts exactly! I think these low section tires are too much for allday driving!

Ldub
07/18/2007, 05:16 AM
I repainted it then gloss it with some high quality durable paint. I think it turnt out awesome. You red my mind i am gonna lift in bout 3 inchs in a few months then get me some bigger tires that is all it could handle for now though. :) There not to bad for rubber bands. I cant wait to lift though and get some meat on those boys to protect them better. Thanks for compliments.

Lookin' good Lizman...

Are those 20" or 22" wheels? Also, what paint products did you use on the insert ?

biju
07/18/2007, 05:57 AM
Nice 'short bus' you got there! (that's what my friends call my proton. lol)

unlike most ^ I like the summer shoes! if it were me tho, i'd make sure i had another set to run winter/off road.

nice work. she's purdy.

-beej.

JHarris1385
07/18/2007, 06:41 AM
LOOKS NICE. For sure hotwheelish. You do know you had more room to spare to put a little more rubber on those rims right? I have 20's and have 265/55-20 tires. Those look near 245/40????

WormGod
07/18/2007, 07:16 AM
Yep, only a matter of time before I rang in....

http://www.firstshotphoto.com/images/Delivery%20Wagon.jpg

Nuff said, hehehe.

Looks clean. Keep it up. My only negative is.... well, you can probably guess. ;)

Lizardmen3477
07/18/2007, 12:00 PM
The rims and wheels are 295/35/22's Unlike most people think they ride great for being so thin also improved my MPG by 1 or 2 a gallon. I do have 2 sets one for summer and other for winter. It was professionally painted and it is triple coated and garunteed for 3 years. They said it should last a long time though. Couldnt make up mind if i wanted to keep black or go to yellow or silver so i said ill think bout it for a bit cause it only takes 10 seconds to take all them out with power star key drill :) Like i said i do plan on lifting then putting some more tire on the rim. But for now it is good. It cuts very close now i couldnt of gottan any bigger without trimming. Many more future Mods to come. ;)

VXD959
07/18/2007, 12:18 PM
If you don't mind...How much the paint job cost you? I'm planning on doing the same and want to know what is reasonable or not....

Thanks,

Lizardmen3477
07/18/2007, 03:10 PM
I knew the guy so i got a break. He did it all for 300.00. Which is prolly half the price someone will charge you if you dont know them. From start to finish and in my opinion it was worth every penny. It took bout 22 hours of labor to tear it all apart and put back together it was a real pain. There are hundreds of bolts,screws,rivets, etc on every corner lol. I would deff do it if i was you.

k4tmc
07/18/2007, 05:24 PM
I'm confused...what got painted? :confused: The VX body, or some other part? For 22 hrs of labor, I assume something big.

Henry

Raque Thomas
07/18/2007, 06:08 PM
The rims and wheels are 295/35/22's Unlike most people think they ride great for being so thin also improved my MPG by 1 or 2 a gallon. ;)

If your wheel tire combo have a different circumference than the stock ones, your MPG increase coould be misleading - ie, your speedo may be reading faster than it should - showing that you are going more miles than you actually are.

I think your ride looks great - like the big rims! Did your ride change much, or the feel of it change? When I went with wider tires (which are heavier) I noticed quite a change in roughness and "feel". Did you experience that?

IndianaVX
07/18/2007, 06:41 PM
hey lizardman,
any chance you could ask your friend what brand product of paint, and clearcoat he used on your cladding. i am thinking of spraying my cladding, but not using a rattle can approach. wanting to use the spray rig, but dont know what to get,
could you ask him, and post the answer here please.
your ride looks great. be proud of it, and your work!!

Lizardmen3477
07/19/2007, 11:13 AM
Thank you, Thank you I take great pride in my VX. I will ask the name of it again cause i forgot. As for the tire change at first turnin was a bit heavier like i was turnin with weights Lol but once i got used to it a few days later feels absolutly the same and rides the same. PS: I just hit 100k on my ODO Yahoooo!!!