PDA

View Full Version : Fox 2.0 Shocks?

xdfarrx
07/26/2007, 08:36 PM
Anyone confirm if they make a fitment for stock lift vx... and is it worth it. I just mounted my Rancho9000Xl's. I wish they had compression adjustment too. I really want something more plush...

Any thoughts?
thanks
df

VehiGAZ
07/27/2007, 04:31 AM
FWIW, someone recently inquired with Rancho, and they said the dial adjusted both compression and rebound.

If you want plush, you will need to find a softer spring. The super-stiff springs on the VX mean you can have a soft and bouncy ride (springs stiffer than shocks), a hard but balanced ride (springs as stiff as shocks), or a just plain hard ride (shocks stiffer than springs).

xdfarrx
07/27/2007, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty familiar with suspension theory and set (street bikes).

I did inquire with Rancho and he was clear it only adjusted the rebound. Hmmmm?

From my experience playing with spring rates is good on a sport bike given different conditions. I have trepidations on a almost 4000 lb car.

Has anyone gone to a softer spring. Then one could adjust comp and rebound to quite the COR (co-efficcient of restitution)

Thanks

BD-VX99
07/27/2007, 06:47 PM
I looked into Fox 2.0 before installing my bilsteins. You'll need to have new stem type end cap made for the fronts. I know there are conversion kits out there but they add too much length to the shock such that the compressed length is to long (at least with the current bump stops [you'll bottom out the shock before hitting the bump stop]) which means you'll need to use the shorter Fox 2.0, but then you will not have the same amount of extended length which will limit your articulation as well. There is also a Fox 2.0 that will fit the rear but has a slightly shorter extended length than stock. A good machine shop should be able to make a stem style top end cap for you, or perhaps someone already has, but I could find one. The bilsteins (H0) are not plush. They feel as stiff a stock but do not seem to "settle" as well as the stock unit when ripping down potholed fireroads. I hope this helps. Let me know if you do end up fitting the fox units as I'd like to someday as well. Keep checking with fox as they are continually changing their product line.

xdfarrx
07/27/2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks BD... solid info.

Good know.
df

VehiGAZ
07/28/2007, 09:01 AM
I did inquire with Rancho and he was clear it only adjusted the rebound. Hmmmm?Thanks

Ugh. There is no Truth...

Joe_Black
07/28/2007, 05:34 PM
As an FYI, short wheelbases and plush rides don't mix. Get an '04 Axiom then install suspension components from one that's got a gajillion miles on it, then you'll have more power and a plush ride! :p

xdfarrx
07/28/2007, 06:20 PM
As an FYI, short wheelbases and plush rides don't mix. Get an '04 Axiom then install suspension components from one that's got a gajillion miles on it, then you'll have more power and a plush ride! :p

hahahaaa...
Well my sportbike has 1500mm of wheelbase, and most mx bikes can be set up for a plush ride.

Adjustable compression would be very cool.