PDA

View Full Version : I spilled....

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
07/31/2007, 12:31 PM
...almost a whole bottle of Bailley's Irish cream on my passenger seat. I thought the bottle was closed, started driving and looked over and a huge puddle of Bailey's was flooding my seat.I soaked it up with a tee shirt, came home and cleaned it with soap and water and then leather soap. Did I just totally hose my seat?

Chopper
07/31/2007, 12:54 PM
Probably not. A 409 style cleaner is all we use at the shop, it removes all kinds of stains on leathers, and hasn't attacked any dyes yet. It's called Mean Green, a Dollar Store product Be sure to oil it good after...detergent is drying to leather. We use Lexol(or Lexoil) but there are a hundred kinds. I'm partial to Lexoil because it's what you always used on your baseball glove, and it makes the interior smell like an Alhpa or Mazer, must be close to what they use. Ever notice everyones hides smell different... BMW smells like BMW...MB like MB. My VX smells Italian. :cool:

rowhard
07/31/2007, 01:54 PM
You might contact Larry at http://www.carcareonline.com/ He has always been more then helpful for me and of course will happily sell you the product you need for your problem.

etlsport
07/31/2007, 01:56 PM
this is why you dont drink and drive! heh j/k but i had to say it

good luck gettin your seat back to normal!

driver3
07/31/2007, 04:22 PM
I put a papa murphys sicilian style pizza in my passenger seat, leaked oil ALL over it.. came off perfect.. the oil was probably good for it...

Knigh7s
07/31/2007, 04:28 PM
NOO! forget the seat. I would have busted out with a straw!!!

No really haha, I did the same except with a blue Gatorade. Came out fine with some leather cleaner by Meguiar's. Love their stuff!

Dino
07/31/2007, 04:40 PM
Baileys is ok by itself, but much better with coffee. You should spill coffee next... :eek:

Your seat should be fine. Water is the best thing for sopping it up. The cream shouldn't get all stinky because the alcohol pretty much stops that from happening. The leather soap was a good measure as well.

no worries I'd say.

THAT is what is cool about leather!! Just think if it had been a cloth seat!! :rolleyes:

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
07/31/2007, 05:10 PM
I was not even drinking it....Just transporting it. My razr cell phone was under about a 1/4 inch of Bailley's by the time I looked over. It is working but smells of fruffi drink.

JoFotoz
07/31/2007, 06:42 PM
...over Rice Crispies.

Breakfast of Champions!

Seriously...TRY IT!

jo

WormGod
08/01/2007, 05:53 AM
Your seat should be fine, and the smell even more refreshing. Just watch getting pulled over and letting a cop get a wiff of whats going on inside there. ;)

Baileys FTW!!!

Dont feel too bad. 2 days after I bought my WRX I picked up a mocha at Starbucks and put it in teh center console. Fit well, so I didnt think anything of it. Before I could even take a drink, I turned out of the parking lot and the whole cup fell out of the holder in the console and onto the passenger seat. Charcoal perforated leather leather with a hot mocha all over it. This was a year ago and it still smells kinda chocolaty in there. I hate to see the organisms that are living inside that seat now. :o