PDA

View Full Version : Burning man, man...

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
08/05/2007, 04:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has ever thought about doing a meet at the Burning man festival. I have never been but have always wanted to go.I would figure some of the Nevada members have been? Might be a cool place to line up a few vx's and check it out...Just an idea...

http://www.burningman.com/

CrnCnn
08/05/2007, 07:31 PM
My wife and I have never been but believe it or not my parents have, they are not the type. That is the same weekend as the Rib cookoff. My belly said he will have to get back to you on that.

creeg
08/06/2007, 07:30 AM
I have been, and its expensive. About $300-350/ticket. And they close the gates on thursday, with the main event happening on saturday night.

You will NOT be able to drive your vehicles around after you have made camp, and its a flat lakebed, so no offroading fun.

dont get me wrong- I love burning man, and would be going again this year (it would be my 5th year) if I didnt have a family issue to attend to- but I dont think it would be as fun for the vehicross crew as you may think.

But I can guarantee that you WILL have fun if you go.

nfpgasmask
08/06/2007, 07:38 AM
Clint, can you say VX rib cookoff meet? We gotta track down the elusive Ascinder and see if he wants to go. But anyway, if you want to meet up, I am there! You know I love BBQ. :)

Burning Man would be interesting, but the price tag on admissions is a little much, and I don't have any vacation time for it either :(

Bart

My wife and I have never been but believe it or not my parents have, they are not the type. That is the same weekend as the Rib cookoff. My belly said he will have to get back to you on that.

CrnCnn
08/06/2007, 01:16 PM
Clint, can you say VX rib cookoff meet? We gotta track down the elusive Ascinder and see if he wants to go. But anyway, if you want to meet up, I am there! You know I love BBQ. :)

Burning Man would be interesting, but the price tag on admissions is a little much, and I don't have any vacation time for it either :(

Bart
I am definately in for a rib cookoff meet. I LOVE it!!!.. mmmMMMMmmm. I can take off sunday if i need to, Let me know soon so I can put in the time. We wont be able to park near each other for the VX side of it cause its hard to find spots to park but I like hanging out with you guys with or with out VX time.

nfpgasmask
08/06/2007, 01:41 PM
When is it? Labor Day weekend? I am down for whenever. I *should* be free that whole weekend.....I have no plans so far, so Saturday would work for me.

Bart

I am definately in for a rib cookoff meet. I LOVE it!!!.. mmmMMMMmmm. I can take off sunday if i need to, Let me know soon so I can put in the time. We wont be able to park near each other for the VX side of it cause its hard to find spots to park but I like hanging out with you guys with or with out VX time.

CrnCnn
08/06/2007, 05:11 PM
When is it? Labor Day weekend? I am down for whenever. I *should* be free that whole weekend.....I have no plans so far, so Saturday would work for me.

Bart
without looking it up i am gonna say Aug. 29th through the 3rd or 4th.