PDA

View Full Version : SC part (help) question...

Cyrk
08/13/2007, 06:27 AM
I am missing a part that I on my VX from the top of the TB the lines run down toward the font of the motor.

On my motor I have no lines running down from my TB:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/636000-636999/636823_50_full.jpg

On Gary's as on all the other VX's with SC there is:

http://www.wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/SC/Final/blown00.jpg

I think the connecting part towards the front of the motor looks something like straight line with 2 U shapes?

Anyone know the part # or the name of this part?

Not sure if this made any sense.

Thx, Dave

JHarris1385
08/13/2007, 07:32 AM
Im not seeing what your talking about.

johnnyapollo
08/13/2007, 07:46 AM
Hey Dave,

I was wondering about those - I thought you intentionally blocked them off

He's talking about the two lines that are on the passenger side of the throttle body - they extend down towards the front of the motor and are missing in his installation. One is a coolant line (I think it helps heat up the TB in cold situations) and the other is a vacuum line if I'm not mistaken. Dave, if you want to hook up sometime we can compare - I'm working in Alpharetta (Mansell Rd) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays now and and we could hook up for lunch or after work (off about 4:00 PM).

-- John

Cyrk
08/13/2007, 08:27 AM
Yes let's meet up... I might be working form home on Wed. so I can meet for lunch or you can swing by my house... 7A off GA 400. I was at John's S. (Super cool and knowledgeable guy) this weekend to give the VX a once over... He mentioned that to me on the SC, which I have never noticed. I do not think I have that part from when I did the install and want to order it so I can hook up all the correct lines from the TB.

We are also going to re install the FMU (He thinks this might help with why I am having some air/fuel issues) and fix my leaking valve cover gaskets and install some new plugs (one step cooler NGK Double Platinum PFR6G-11 plugs) plus some other MAF and intake bits. Hope to have her running fast again soon.

He also mentioned Subaru of Gwinnett has a 4 wheel dyno that I might have tune it, once we have all the other issues fixed.

VehiGAZ
08/13/2007, 09:11 AM
Cyrk, I think I can see those hoses getting to their destinations in your picture, so I think your throttle body is mounted differently - probably rotated backward either 90* or 180* - which makes it look like they are missing.

WormGod
08/14/2007, 07:08 AM
One is a vacuum line and the other is a coolant line. You can get away with the coolant line not being connected as it just runs coolant through the shell to warm the TB. Not really needed if you live in a warm climate. Its pretty juch a must if you deal with cooler weather cause the TB can freeze up and stick. COULD.

The vacuum line goes to a sensor. Air is fed to the sensor via 2 vacuum routes so missing one is "probably" not much of an issue since the other line (not shown in the pics) runs into the plenum behind the TB. In all honesty, if it isnt throwing CELs, I wouldnt bother. The less lines snaking all over the place, the better in my book.