PDA

View Full Version : Problem with TOD

rocket man
10/09/2007, 07:53 PM
Wow glad this site is back up so I can talk to the smart guys.......

Okay:cool:

TOD gauge shows no green led's in the front wheels and all the green leds are lighted on the rear wheels all the time. This is not the way it used to be..maybe a 1/4 of the led's on take off from a light. I couild get them all to work if I stomped on it from a stoplight.

There is a "red" led check lite that starts flashing after driving about a 1/4 mile every time the engine is started. All this shows up in the normal mode. All the green led's light up in compound low on the dirt I haven't messed with locking it up in compund low on pavement.

But in the "normal" mode the wheels start "wrapping up" when I try to turn the wheels such as into a parking space. They will , "bind up" then release with a popping feeling, then bind up again. Kinda like that that feeling when you go off road with other cars and you have locking hubs and then you forget to unlock the hubs and go onto the pavement and make a sharp left or right and it starts binding up when you go around corners, (inside wheel going slower then the outside wheel...somethin is not right folks HELP:eek:

rocket man
10/09/2007, 07:57 PM
Oh... BTW that red check lite is directly under the TOD gauge and is separate from all the other warning or check lights.
:confused:

Hedgehog
10/21/2007, 11:16 PM
I'v got the same trouble. Any ideas? My selfdiagnostic shows error #13. Sorry for my eanglish)))

johnnyapollo
10/22/2007, 02:48 AM
I had something similar happen to me recently, only my entire FWD was out - sounded horrible in turns. The TOD computer is separate from the ECU and has to be read from a OBDII scan gauge that can read ISUSU specific codes - I went to the dealer for this (cost me $95) and they told me that both TOD speed sensors were bad - wanted $1200 to replace them. I found them at St. Charles for $319 each. I've got a write-up about the experience and install on my blog: http://vehicross.blogspot.com/2007/09/580-is-now-supercharged.html

I'm not saying that what happened to me in regards to the TOD is happening to you guys, but offering my experience with the situation - especially about the lack of codes.

-- John

Steven Ng
02/23/2008, 06:05 PM
My VX is on 2wd but all my AUTO 4WD lights are on. ANy help ???

WiSDoM
02/23/2008, 08:15 PM
our VX are all AWD(all wheel drive) unless moded. I was wondering about your other post last night. you may need to explain more about your problem?so our VX are always in 4w-hi unless we shift to 4w-lo....

PK
02/25/2008, 02:24 AM
our VX are all AWD(all wheel drive) unless moded. I was wondering about your other post last night. you may need to explain more about your problem?so our VX are always in 4w-hi unless we shift to 4w-lo....

Hi Wisdom - you are forgetting about the better :) JDM Vx's. We have H2 - TOD - L4 all from standard.
I think the whole power train is different to the US models.
Aisin brand????

Anyone with a JDM model has to be carefull what info we use from this site, as the vehicles are different in soo many areas.

Great site though - I look every day just to see wot's goin on.
Wish I could meet up with some of you guys but the air fares are a bit exy.

Guess I just have to console myself patting the kangaroos in main street every day.

PK

uncle_asa
02/27/2008, 01:12 PM
My VX is on 2wd but all my AUTO 4WD lights are on. ANy help ???

Start with checking vacuum and wiring around the shift-on-the-fly system on the left side of front axle (there's shoud be small guard attached to the axle). Most likely something damaged there.