PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

Mark B
11/03/2007, 06:07 AM
Just to let all my VX friends know, the connection to check the trouble codes is tied in with the horn fuse. I disconnected the horn fuse and cound not get a diagnostic code reading. When I put the horn fuse back in the diagnostic worked.
I have a check engine lignt on.
Code P0401 - EGR Flow Insufficient.
Can anyone give me help on what to do to the EGR to correct this problem and get the check engine light off.

Ldub
11/03/2007, 07:01 AM
Do a forums search on EGR cleaning...;)

Ldub
11/03/2007, 07:12 AM
I found this : http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/#faq1 in about two minutes of searching, it's within the "F'n EGR" thread.

Search is your friend...:yes:

etlsport
11/03/2007, 07:57 AM
:thumbup: glad you solved the port problem and got the code read

like ldub said.. a simple egr cleaning will hopefully fix the poblem

Trudy Carp
11/03/2007, 08:20 AM
The EGR system needs to be cleaned every 25k in these things. Computer changes/richens fuel mix in response to decreased flow/washes out rings/delutes your oil with fuel. A lot of blown engines were the result of this.
Great way to trash your bearings.

Had the same code and just had mine done, it was so bad that my EGR valve inlet was plugged solid. Had to replace the EGR valve a couple weeks after attempting to clean/save it during the EGR service. Blew an excessive flow code. Valve would stick open, still too contaminated with carbon.

I'll bet you also have an oil consumption problem with your VX as well. They tend to go hand in hand. You probably have a carbon pugged valve and it can't open enough or at all. BUT! Get that Egr service done as soon as you have about $400 to spare. TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY. Let go for too long, it can drastically reduce the lifespan of your engine. Service will be around $200 and (if you need it) a new valve from Isuzu cost $150 wholesale. There are aftermarket valves available from Napa/Carquest/Checker, etc for much less than Isuzu retail.

Mark B
11/05/2007, 08:11 AM
Cleaned the EGR intake with cleaner. Did not have to replace the gasket Dinconnected the battery to reset the computer. Check engine light out for now.
Thanks for the help.