PDA

View Full Version : need a help again with another problem.

CoastieCosta567
11/14/2007, 03:05 PM
Hey guys, do u guys have any clue what could be cousing my VX to stall or almost loss all power when i hit a hard bump, or when i go offraod, i cant, cuz it turns off? do u guys have any clue, i have changed a few sensors already exept for the mode switch, thats coming up next.

Chopper
11/14/2007, 03:28 PM
You breaking the electrical circuit somewhere?? (Do the lights and all go out when it quits)

CoastieCosta567
11/14/2007, 03:39 PM
i'm not sure, but when it stalls its fast and all i have to do is pull over and start it up again, or it almost stalls and i press the gas to kick the idle back up.

WILLY
11/14/2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe the fuel pump is going out,they can sometime work and not work before they die.

Ldub
11/15/2007, 05:51 AM
If you haven't changed the fuel filter already, that would be an inexpensive & easy place to start. It may or may not be the problem, but if it hasn't been replaced, it's probably due.

MrCrowley
11/15/2007, 11:29 AM
Clean your battery terminals and posts with a wire brush too. Same as above. If it hasnt been done, and you live in a salty area as well, just peace of mind. Had a similar issue in a different vehicle. Just hope its that easy!!!:p

CoastieCosta567
11/15/2007, 03:36 PM
i did a super clean up on the terminals and with a new battery a week ago and the fuel filter change as well. but still not good new. So do u guys think its the fuel pump and/or the mode switch?

psychos2
11/16/2007, 03:00 PM
i did a super clean up on the terminals and with a new battery a week ago and the fuel filter change as well. but still not good new. So do u guys think its the fuel pump and/or the mode switch?

It sounds more like an electrical issue to me.There was a problem with wiring harness wearing through and causing problems.Do a search and you should find something or someone that remembers will chime in. The fact that it stalls when hitting a hard bump would have nothing to do with the fuel pump or filter or the switch. The mode switch caused hard shifts not stalling. When it stalls does everything shut off or just the motor? Could also be a loose connection . Check all + / - connections at the motor. Check the plugs to the computer. Hope this helps. shawn

Techy-D
11/16/2007, 03:49 PM
I tend to agree with the Loose connector or bad ground type of problem, but if that isn't it, there are other less likely possibilities:

Too many keys on your key chain? Sometimes people hang lots of keys and things on their key chain and it messes up the ignition switch. When they hit a big bump it would move things around in there.
Probably not it, Just an idea to try.
Also, an old battery could have problems when bounced hard enough (again, not likely, but something to think about). Maybe the battery is shorting to the hood if it's too tall or the hood padding is missing???

My 2 cents worth

CoastieCosta567
11/16/2007, 05:49 PM
Thank you guys, I will try that tomorrow and see if any connectors are loos and stuff. but when I hit a bump hard, its really just the engine that turns off or almost turns off. Hmmmmmmmmmm where can I start looking first? can't be the battery cuz I just replaced it and did a mad crazy clean up job on he battery conectors. The reason why i said the mode switch, was cuz I have really bad gear changing every once in a while, and I have to turn it off the VX and restart the engine and every thing is fine after that.