PDA

View Full Version : Delivery time for new windshield????

Kenny
11/29/2007, 01:34 PM
The autobody place broke my windsheild when they took it out to do the body work. ( I had some nasty hail damage). The windshield will be replaced under insurance no problem, but they said the delivery time they got was 6 months!:confused::confused:.

Does this seem right? Anybody here had a decent turn around for a new windshield recently? Is it that rare? (I doubt it) or is just the response time us Canucks get?

Cheers all.

biju
11/29/2007, 02:13 PM
Kenny!

I have an extra OEM windshield...

Now, how do I get it to ya? PM me and we'll chat...

-biju.

rowhard
11/29/2007, 04:23 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I asked at speed glass here in Olympia WA and they said they had 2 in the warehouse and could have it the next day. Now if your going for a OEM, that might be a different matter

MSHardeman
11/29/2007, 04:50 PM
Kenny,

I just had my windshield replaced a couple of weeks ago, and it took the shop about a week to get it in. They might have been able to get it there sooner, but they where so booked up that they couldn't get to my car for a week. I made sure to ask about getting a windshield without the blue strip at the top, and the lady who ordered the windshield said that she had no problem finding one. I used NOVUS Auto Glass ( www.novusglass.com ), and they where very careful with my baby and finished in just a couple of hours.

Maybe theres some customs deal that is slowing the process down up there in the Great White North.

AlaskaVX
11/29/2007, 05:20 PM
That's nuts! I went in for a new one and they asked me if I wanted a tinted band or not (both in stock) and had it replaced within a couple hours. And if that can happen in AK, it can happen anywhere, I would find another glass shop.

So-CalVX
11/29/2007, 06:33 PM
Doesn't the VX share it's windshield with another Isuzu, like the trooper?

dietz99vcross
11/30/2007, 06:45 PM
When I got mine replaced it was same day, but they put in a tinted one (orignal was with no tint) and with my hieght I found it awkward, so two days later they replaced it with a non-tinted one at no extra cost, so it seems the issue is O.E.M. or not as the only reason I can think of for the long wait.

Knigh7s
11/30/2007, 09:50 PM
I had mine replaced, they had both tinted and OEM in stock. Took them Less than 24 hours to pull it from the wearhouse and have it installed. 6 months sounds a bit bogus to me. I'm sure they can get one from somewhere, they are just not looking hard enough...

Joe_Black
12/01/2007, 09:00 PM
Yup, I've had two replaced due to rock damage and they were in stock ready for installation both tinted and non-tinted. Call around to some different auto-glass places, most can get just about anything. Heck, when I got the windshields replaced in my 37 year-old semi they were in stock!

Solitude
12/02/2007, 01:59 AM
Doesn't the VX share it's windshield with another Isuzu, like the trooper?

I thought it was the rodeo.. saw something in here about gettin one with the tinting on top..