PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Track Meet

LittleBeast
01/13/2008, 12:01 AM
Told some of you I would let you know when I am competing locally because it doesn't happen that often. So here is the deal: looks like I will be using this U of Houston meet on the 18th as a practice meet to get ready for a small indoor season and a great 2008 Olympic year. I will have some more of these little local meets as great times to practice and just wanted to keep everyone updated. THIS IS AN INDOOR MEET.
Men's Shot Put: 2:30pm or so
Men's Long Jump: 3:00pm or so
Men's 60 meter hurdles: 3:55pm (prelims)
Men's 60 meter hurdles: 6:05pm
*Also my little brother and little sister will be competing for SFA at this meet as well, and my father and mother will be there watching as well for those of you that have also met my awesome dad. And yes my little brother and I will be competing in the Shot Put and Hurdles against each other for the 2nd time ever..... fun times. Everyone is invited, I might or might not be in the VX, I am helping coach some athletes at Houston Baptist University and they will be at the meet as well, so I might need to drive some of them over there in a larger vehicle I am not sure, and yes I will be competing against some athletes that I coach as well, fun times.

Triathlete
01/13/2008, 02:12 PM
Ryan,
To far for me to go watch, but...

GOOD LUCK
with the season!

Have you already secured a spot on the US Oly team? If not what have you got to do to get there?

VX crazy
01/13/2008, 02:32 PM
I would like to see that, too bad its not a tad later... Good luck Ryan! Let us know the olympics!

VX crazy
01/13/2008, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=VX crazy;116005]I would like to see that, too bad its not a tad later... Good luck Ryan! Let us know about the olympics!

tomdietrying
01/13/2008, 05:52 PM
Ryan, Glad your competeing in Texas. With that said, I'm not sure I'll be able to get to Houston on short notice. We will try.
Peace.
Tom

tomdietrying
01/18/2008, 04:47 PM
Sorry Ryan. It doesn't look like I can swing it.

Best of luck AND DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER BEAT YOU!:)

Peace.
Tom

LittleBeast
01/23/2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry Ryan. It doesn't look like I can swing it.

Best of luck AND DON'T LET YOUR LITTLE BROTHER BEAT YOU!:)

Peace.
Tom

HAHA, yeah well, my brother ran 8.08 in the 60m hurdle final and I ran a 8.10 in the finals, granted this was my first meet of the season and this was his 3rd, but still, this was the first time he beat me out right in any track and field event, we were in different heats but he got me on time, I hope it will not be the last time he does so well he is getting a lot better! But I did immediately go and throw 10 feet further than his personal best in the shot put..... I threw the 16lb shot 53'7" for any of you that know what that means. Friday I will be competing in Lake Charles, LA at McNeese State at another indoor meet, and then the next week back in Houston for another indoor meet.