PDA

View Full Version : Choo-Choo; all aboard the train to Moab (CoZuvoy '08)

MSHardeman
01/15/2008, 08:23 AM
Well, since the Moab ticker is running I guess I may as well get the convoy thread started up.

I know everyone is coming from all points on the compass, but just like the past couple of years it would be great to try and get as many of us together as possible so we can turn heads, scare small children and just generally look cool as we roll down the road.

There have been a couple of meeting places in the past as some of you coming from the North and East meet up in Denver for a night then head to Glenwood Springs for another little meet and greet before driving the final stretch into Moab. Depending on what everyone is up for, I would be happy to drive to Denver (I'm the Glenwood stop) if it means hooking up with some of the Colorado contingency that I have yet meet. If you're in Colorado I would STRONGLY suggest that you at least make the meet and greet even if you aren't heading on to Moab. It's always a good time and you get to finally meet people who share your insanity.

Since Moab starts on May 13th, let's make the big convoy day May 12th. If everyone wants to do the big greet in Denver then I would suggest doing that on May 11th so everyone can be rested for the final drive to Moab the next day.

Let's start getting some ideas together.

See you in May.

VXIRONwoMAN
03/03/2008, 03:07 PM
I don't know about eveyone else... but I am looking at straight shootting for Denver on the 11th from Chicago. Anyone who want to convoy with me is more than welcome. It's a long haul... but it should work. Meet up with all of you either that night or the morning of the 12th, to do the last stretch into Moab. And then be up early the 13th for some serious off roadin' fun!!!! :bwgy:

pbkid
03/05/2008, 01:38 PM
hey beej....you still planning on comin with the group?...you know you always have a seat in my vx if needed...

MSHardeman
04/24/2008, 09:07 PM
Bumpadoo.

I am moving the CoZuvoy thread up to the top after reading the Chicago convoy thread.

Looks like the Chi Town group will be hitting Denver on Sunday and will be heading to Moab on Monday. Let's start getting some information together so the Denver crew can meet the Chi crew on Monday morning.

I'm not in Denver so I can't suggest a place for everyone to meet on Monday morning. Anyone in the Big D that can help with a Monday morning meeting? I am in the Aspen valley, so if the convoy can make a pit stop in Glenwood Springs for a little driving break I can meet up with you guys and gals there.

Is there anyone else between Glenwood and Moab that we should pick up?

pbkid
04/24/2008, 10:48 PM
well it all depends, do we wanna do dinner the night before just for a little more meet and greet? or just meet that morning before we headed to moab?
we could do like CB and potts or something the night before?
or just meet in the same parking lot as last year, the lot on the south side of I-70 at the gunnison exit? it seemed to work ok for everyone...i know that beej got an awesome mapquest thingy posted last year that was really helpful if anyone could figure out how to post one of those it would probably be helpful to the people that arent familiar with colorado.....
if no one takes care of it i can give some detailed instructions but it would be nice to have pictures.

VXIRONwoMAN
04/25/2008, 08:55 AM
As for the Chi-town crew... as of now we are planning to leave late afternoon on the 10th once Jolly Roger meets up with us from PA. Since JollyRoger will be driving since early morning the 10th, we will let him make the call when to stop and rest and continue into Denver on the 11th. Hopefully, Kenny may be joining up with us too. Depending on the time we get into Denver we may be able to meet with you all on the 11th... (maybe exchange numbers with some of the Colorado crew to keep us all informed). If we can't meet on the 11th for some reason, maybe breakfast on the 12th before we all convoy into Moab???

pbkid
04/27/2008, 09:45 PM
well i think that would be good...except anyone planned what time we are leaving denver yet????

i know we met at 7 last year if i remember right...that way by the time everyone fills up on gas and gets everything organized (and of course checks out everyone else's rides) we are getting out around 8....

VXironwoman, you seem to be planning the Chi-town crew so ill PM you with my phone number and you guys can call me to coordinate with us....

i dont know who is planning the denver crew but im willing to coordinate with you guys so we can all meet up...

look forward to seeing you guys in 2 weeks :bgwo:

MSHardeman
04/28/2008, 07:51 AM
Jack,

I'd be all up for coordinating the Denver crew, but I'm not in Denver so it's going to have to fall on someone else. I would be happy to head up the effort, but I would need help from you and the rest of the Denver crew regarding meeting places. As soon as you guys figure out what time you are leaving Denver I will be able to gauge what time to meet you guys at Exit 116 in Glenwood Springs. From there it's the last stretch into Moab unless we need to pick someone else up along the way.

Mark

pbkid
04/28/2008, 09:24 AM
alright sounds good to me...i dont mind coordinating...
i think we can just meet at the gunnison exit off I-70 same as last year....its basically the first exit as you start up the pass out of denver....
im not sure what time yet, my guess would be meet at 7 so we can get moving by 8...anyone else care to chime in?

pbkid
05/02/2008, 09:09 PM
ok guys, its getting down to the week before we leave so i figured i better get the information up here for you chi-town people so i can answer any questions....

i will be at the I-70 exit 259 Morrison at 7 am on the 12th...

we will be departing as a group at 8 am so that we can have a little time in glenwood springs to meet up with the rest of the people from the mountain towns.....

i attempted to get some maps from mapquest so that it would make it easier for you guys to find me when you get to morrison....

basically when you get off the exit head left underneath of the bridge and then after about 1/8 of a mile on the right side you will see a road that leads to a parking lot...thats where i will be....it will be named some sort of dinosaur name, i dont remember what it is and i cant find anything on the internet so, we will say that if you get to Red Rocks Park you have gone too far....

anyhow, heres the maps i made up to make it all make a little more sense...i outlined I-70 in red so that you out of towners could understand whats going on....

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/thumbs/morrison3.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11087)

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/501/thumbs/morrison1.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11086)

hope that helps, and if not....meet up with VXIRONwoMAN because she has my number and will be calling me to find the denver and other colorado vx'ers...
hope all goes well...please feel free to ask any questions....

also, one more thing. i will keep my CB on channel 22 that morning and keep the power on so that anyone who is lost can use CB to find me also....i have about a 2 mile range so dont hesitate, if your in the area, ill find ya....

pbkid
05/04/2008, 01:52 PM
no input huh?

is everyone ok with these plans then??

can you 'out of colorado' people understand where the meeting spot is???

just want to make sure everyone is on the same page considering we leave in a week

pbkid
05/04/2008, 07:24 PM
does anyone wanna organize a meet up for dinner the night before we convoy out??? anyone who knows denver area well and knows the bars???

maybe like CB and Potts or something??? i dont know the area very well, im from colorado springs and i went straight to greeley for college.....

kodiak
05/05/2008, 07:20 PM
It looks like I’ll be going to Moab! I will be heading out on the morning of the 12th and meet up with you for lunch. I’ll bring some chips and drinks, I’d bring beer but I’m from Utah I think the water here has more alcoholic content then the beer.
My name is Richard Bailey and I will have 1 maybe 2 guests. http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/lol-47983.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=11130)

pbkid
05/05/2008, 09:15 PM
kodiak i think your looking for a different thread for your info for the BBQ

mdwyer
05/06/2008, 06:36 PM
maybe like CB and Potts or something??? i dont know the area very well, im from colorado springs and i went straight to greeley for college.....

There's a Potts at about 104th and I-25 -- It'd be on your way down and near me. However, I think there's already another plan that involves something further out west. I haven't done one of the meetups yet, so I'm not certain, but I think they all met up in the Golden/Morrison area -- I-70 and the West edge of Denver.

Anyway, I've been keeping kinda silent waiting to see if things happen that way again. 'Course Family and Work might be conspiring against me.... I might have to meet up with people on they way home! :(

pbkid
05/06/2008, 09:58 PM
yea thats on the morning of the 12th when we leave in the convoy for moab...

i was saying for the night of the 11th maybe we could meet up with some of the chicago group and get some dinner, maybe get to know each other....

just thought it would be nice....they might like to try some mile high beer :bwgy:

VXIRONwoMAN
05/07/2008, 10:09 AM
I can't meet for dinner on the 11th, I will be meeting up with a friend of mine in Denver. But if you would like to set up a neutral location for breakfast on the 12th, like a Denny's or IHOP, that way we can all mingle before we head out to Moab. We can set up CB channels and such, figure out what locations we should stop for gas...etc. Maybe meet up with Larry and Jim and whoever else we can reach in Grand Junction? Let me know...

pbkid
05/07/2008, 10:22 AM
alright, that sounds like a good idea, that way instead of standing around in a parking lot for an hour waiting for everyone to coordinate we can just meet at this denny's and then take off from there....heres the address so you guys can mapquest it....

Denny's
565 Union Blvd
Lakewood, CO 80228

(303) 988-2025‎

lets meet there between 7am and 8am...ill be there between 7 and 7:30
kaiser silver with lift and roof rack

BigSwede
05/07/2008, 02:09 PM
FWIW there's a Dennys at I-70 and Kipling in Wheat Ridge...I will be having breakfast there on the 11th after sleeping at the Motel 6 :bwgr:

VXIRONwoMAN
05/07/2008, 02:20 PM
FWIW there's a Dennys at I-70 and Kipling in Wheat Ridge...I will be having breakfast there on the 11th after sleeping at the Motel 6 :bwgr:

I think you should jump on the bandwagon and join us instead! :p

pbkid
05/07/2008, 05:08 PM
well he's talking about the 11th, we are talking about the morning of the 12th before we leave for moab right?

VXIRONwoMAN
05/07/2008, 05:36 PM
Am I a dope and he's really joining us? Or is he leaving the 11th for Moab? BigSwede??? Help us out here. Because... from what I know you are unable to convoy with the Midwest crowd... us catchin' up with you/ you catchin' up with us... I forget. But Kipling is 15 min. from where we are meeting on the 12th... come hang with us, if you aren't already. If not... See ya on the trails!

nocturnalVX
05/07/2008, 08:51 PM
Steve will most likely be wheeling by the time our breakfast gets to our table. :_steering
He's going to be a day ahead of us, so we will have to wait until we get to Moab (and he gets done with whatever trail he chooses) to see him.

BigSwede
05/08/2008, 06:27 AM
Yeah...sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to point out that there is a Dennys right on I-70...

I would love to meet you guys in Denver or wherever, but if I'm spending this kinda $$ on gas to get out there, I'm not going to waste a day waiting for youse guys :p

I'll be setting up camp at Portal by mid-afternoon on the 11th :cool:

VXIRONwoMAN
05/08/2008, 07:55 AM
Understandable! See ya on the trails!