PDA

View Full Version : A little help? (Wheel question)

mattfett
02/04/2008, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,
I'm sure you're all tired of aftermarket wheel questions, and I hoped to solve it on my own, but I'm lost. I need new wheels. I know the OEM specs for the stock 18's I have now. The new wheels I'm looking at are ProComp US Stryker Series 7 Forged, 18x9, bolt pattern 6x5.5, 0mm offset, with a 5" backspace. Can anyone tell me if they'll fit? I believe they will, but the whole backspace / offset thing has me confused, although I've read dozens of strings in the forums about it. Also, the tires I have currently are practically new, and I'd like to keep them if I can. They are 265/60R18's. According to the manufacturer, they are good for rims up to 9.5" wide, which should be fine. I guess I'm just looking for one of you knowledgable people here to confirm that everything will work.

JHarris1385
02/04/2008, 01:34 PM
Assuming the bore is big enough and this is not a GM made wheel then you are fine. I have pro comps on of similar bs and offset only in 16''.

rowhard
02/04/2008, 01:37 PM
Well, no real pro, but might be able to help some. First off, you need a wheel that has a 108mm center bore, you didn't say if that wheel does. As far as offset, the OEM is a 38mm positive, so you are going to be shifting the wheel and tire out 38mm, (1.496 inches) now, since your using the standard size tires, that should work, maybe a slight trim of the cladding. But down the road if you want to go bigger, then that might be a problem. See if who ever is selling will do a trial fit and do it with weight on the wheel and turn it full lock. Hope that helps a little.

mattfett
02/04/2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys...I'm having a little trouble getting the center bore measurement. I know I need 108mm though. Hopefully someone there can answer that for me. You're the best.

rowhard
02/04/2008, 03:51 PM
make it easy for them, 108mm equals 4 1/4 inches

mattfett
02/05/2008, 07:39 PM
I'll do that...thanks.