PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu says they sold 4166 Vehicri in US, not 4153

deermagnet
02/07/2008, 09:24 AM
edit

VCrossfan
02/07/2008, 09:40 AM
Nice info Mark: I would love to know the current number of VX's (in one piece) I'm guessing that number would be up to 1000 below that #, Total Wrecks, fires, floods, bad engines and parted out...etc...

johnnyapollo
02/07/2008, 11:33 AM
They probably revised the numbers at some point - those earlier numbers were provided by Isuzu Corporate's Marketing Group. I usually just tell people when they ask that there were fewer than 5000 produced - I believe (but can't verify) that the numbers prior to US release were quite small.

-- John

BuxGuy
02/07/2008, 12:51 PM
wikipedia says 4153

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_VehiCROSS

johnnyapollo
02/07/2008, 09:11 PM
Well, since I'm the original author of that wikipedia post, it makes sense that it would have the same data as provided by Isuzu, back in the day. We were all just quoting from each other, basically.

-- John

BuxGuy
02/08/2008, 05:39 AM
Well, since I'm the original author of that wikipedia post, it makes sense that it would have the same data as provided by Isuzu, back in the day. We were all just quoting from each other, basically.

-- John

Nice job, John. I saw the picture and knew that was your car. Didn't realize you authored the entry also. Sweet.

johnnyapollo
02/08/2008, 09:17 AM
Mark is right - sorry about the false claim - a few years ago I was adding a lot of new entries in the wiki and was thinking (when I posted above) that the VX was one of them. I guess since it's now showing a lot of stuff I added at some point, it seemed like I 'owned' it. I've posted similar information through the years on several different sites and it just seemed to me like this was one of them - my bad.

-- John