PDA

View Full Version : isuzu grill logo

Pepino
02/08/2008, 09:12 AM
hey
anyone know how to take the isuzu logo off the grill?

cyronman
02/08/2008, 10:09 AM
Flathead screwdriver.
Be careful and you can get it off in one piece.

(maybe 2 screwgies)

Pepino
02/08/2008, 10:43 AM
lol i tried with some kitchen scisors and broke each letter in half but got it off
thanks anyways

DarkWing
02/08/2008, 04:17 PM
Is there heat to go with that? Would a heat gun not help them to pop off easier?

etlsport
02/08/2008, 04:46 PM
on a 100 degree day i was able to pry it off with a plastic knife in one peice

rowhard
02/08/2008, 06:06 PM
yea DarkWing, heat would help soften the adhesive.

Sure hope you get that roof rack on offer, sure would make me feel better.:)

DarkWing
02/08/2008, 07:51 PM
It'll all turn out OK. I don't know if they are selling a rack, or the rails. Hope to see pix soon. Gotta wait until tuesday though, took the money I offered on the other set and bought a wrap-around from Tone.

Thinking about debadging my V, not really sure yet. Read the dental floss and heat thing for taking the piller and back door logo's off. Didn't know if it'd work for the front. Thought about doing the VX thing, and I saw a post where they had frosted the honeycomb around the front with silver paint. Looked sharp. But right now, I have way too many projects.

Finish installing the Hella drive/fog lights.
Install front marker light conversion.
Install Trooper hatch switch and Popper kit from Tone.
Install rear 12VDC accessory plug.
Install Aux. fuse box.
Install trailer wiring.
Install tow hitch
Install Wrap-around brush guard from Tone.

I'm going to be busy, don't think I'll be taking a blow drier to the badges any time soon.

don moore
02/08/2008, 08:57 PM
Ijust used a flathead driver ..from one side ..and just wiggled it as iIpushed ..came off in one nice piece;).the back logo was a pain in the *****..to get off. oh its 40.F here.;)

mdwyer
02/10/2008, 10:55 AM
Ijust used a flathead driver ..from one side ..and just wiggled it as iIpushed ..came off in one nice piece;).the back logo was a pain in the *****..to get off. oh its 40.F here.;)

I think it was a little colder when I finally attempted mine, but I had a heat gun. It was still a giant pain in the butt. I burned myself on the heat-gun at least twice, and since the only floss I had was minty, my fingers got all minty.

To add another couple hints, don't heat the floss -- it melts or burns. Also have plenty on hand, since it breaks pretty often. If you happen to have some extra network cable sitting around, the floss-like stuff inside the cable works pretty good, too. Don't try too hard to get the letters off in one piece -- don't expect them to survive removal.

I still have to go back and clean up the leftover adhesive... yuck.

Gussie2000
08/19/2008, 04:53 PM
Yes guys there's a guy selling on auction the VX grill logo for 24.00 starting bid + shipping