PDA

View Full Version : windshield crack

Pepino
02/20/2008, 06:05 PM
well i wake up this morning i go to warm up my VX when i notice that there is a really really little crack on the windshield going from one edge of the drivers side, it was like 1 inch long and i was like uh thats weird
then today i was driving and i could see it cracking more and more in my face now its like 6 inches long!!
what can i do?!
should i just get a new windshield or is there anything to fix it?
where can i get a new one? how much woould it be?
i need this fast i dont wanna be driving and then the windshield shatters in my face lol
HELP!
thanks!

tomdietrying
02/20/2008, 07:46 PM
As soon as you see a crack or a chip, you should always get it repaired. That way it stops the crack from speading. It tends to spead from the pressure created from closing of the door. It only cost about $50 and usually your insurance will pick up the tab.

Here in Texas, they won't repair a crack if it's in the line of your vision while driving. Hopefully, it not in your line of vision yet.

Peace.
Tom

etlsport
02/20/2008, 07:51 PM
duct tape!!

j/k mostly.. i used this adhesive called e-6000 to repair chips that havent started cracking, i dont know that you could force it into a crack or if it would hold the crack together, but i guess it couldnt hurt, if you do need to replace it, try diamond auto glass, they estimate i think 275 to replace with or without a blue tint strip

Joe Isuzu
02/21/2008, 02:40 PM
I think if it's 6" long that it likley is ineligible for repairs, if I remember correctly the like the area repaired to be smaller than a quarter or perhaps a 50 cent piece, either way I fear yours has spread too far
the good thing is most glass companies guaranty against wind noise or water leakage so it's hard to go wrong

Pepino
02/21/2008, 03:12 PM
ya im going to get it fixed or replaced tomorrow, i only drove less than a mile an spreaded from an inch to like 10 inches now
i checked and ya for it to be repaired is max 6 inches

nfpgasmask
02/21/2008, 03:39 PM
I just had a chip filled and it was covered by my insurance. I have heard that cracks near the sides are usually more difficult to fix.

Bart