PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Seats

Mark B
02/25/2008, 11:46 AM
Finally got the replacement parts for the driver side recaro trend seat that are standard with the VX.
I still had to do some minor modification to get the parts to fit and work.
Seat was easy to remove. Just 4 bolts holding the seat in place.
I had a problem with the hinge on the right side of the seat. It was going back and not locking in place.
I did not replace the hinge, but I did need springs, washers and locking device.
I called Recaro for the parts and they will only sell to OEM authorized sellers.
I found.
FVD Brombacher in Pompany Beach, Florida who got the parts from Recaro and then sold to me.
If you need any parts for the recaro seat call Rhonda at 1-800-274-2220.

Pghachey
02/25/2008, 05:54 PM
Speaking of the driver side seat, does anyone know where an adjusting knob on the left side of the seat could be found? My seat belt caught on it, at least I think that's what happened, and it's gone. I have no idea where it would be. I haven't looked anywhere else yet. Just thought I'd check here first. Thanks for any help.

rowhard
02/25/2008, 06:03 PM
without going out to mine to check, isn't there one one the other side you can borrow

Mark B
02/26/2008, 07:36 AM
There is a long rod going through the back of the seat which both adjusting knobs attach to. They are just pressed together on the long rod. You can pull them off with a little muscle.
I got a adjusting knob replacement from Merlin at St. Charles Isuzu.
It took about 2 weeks.

Pghachey
02/26/2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the help. I found the metal rod and was able to swap the other knob to get it adjusted correctly. However, the metal rod does tend to float in and out and I'm afraid it will catch on something on the door panel and cause damage to the seat and interior. I will give Merlin a call this week and get one ordered. Thanks again.

PS-I thought maybe someone might have done some seat repair in the past and have an extra knob they wish to part with.

tom4bren
02/27/2008, 11:35 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the POC. I may have use for it this summer. My drivers seat does not tilt.

Tom

circmand
08/04/2014, 01:53 PM
reviving this thread does anyone know where to order the Recaro seat parts now? The number in the original post is no longer for the listed business.

Mile High VX
08/04/2014, 02:23 PM
This may help as it's their US office in Auburn Hills, MI.

RECARO North America, Inc. 4120 Luella Lane 48326 Auburn Hills Telefon: +1 / (0)248 / 364 3818
Telefax: +1 / (0)248 / 364 3804
info@recaro-automotive.us
http://www.recaro.com/us

Look like the closest factory dealer to you is in St. Louis:

Classic Car Studio 1002 Hanley Industrial Ct. 63144 St. Louis Telefon: 314-567-4200
info@classiccarstudio.com
http://.www.classiccarstudio.com