PDA

View Full Version : How to read and erase ABS, TOD, and Airbag codes

deermagnet
02/26/2008, 08:35 AM
edit

ojmagg
04/09/2008, 06:43 AM
I've the dreded ABS light...So I'm showing codes 42 and 43... which is FL Holding and FR Decompression valve short or disconnect...what should I check/replace?

ojmagg
04/09/2008, 09:14 AM
???Control Module???

DarkWing
04/09/2008, 07:15 PM
You know, no where else on the web do I think you find all of this information and experience. Un-real.

Kudos guys.

D.W.

tomdietrying
04/09/2008, 08:09 PM
DeeeMagnet,
Thanks for taking your time to put this together for us. This weekend I'm going to play around with this.
Peace.
Tom

Ldub
04/10/2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks Deer Mag...if there is a better example of why people should not think twice about a yearly donation to keep this site flush with operating capital, I can't imagine what it would be.:thumbup:

The potential to $ave hundred$, if not thou$and$ of dollar$ IMO, far outweigh$ a paltry donation of twenty buck$ a year.:cool:

Again, Thank You, for all the info. you provide, & for taking the time to gather & post it!

I don't know where you find all this stuff, but assume you would have to kill me if you told me...so I don't wanna know...:smilewink

ojmagg
04/10/2008, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I tried unplugging and plugging back in the ABS module...I'll try the cleaner...prob end up taking out the fuse, as ABS is over-rated...

This site is priceless...I know I've saved thousands using it. THANKS!!!

nfpgasmask
06/14/2012, 02:59 PM
OK guys, just today, my VX started flashing the 'CHECK' light under the TOD. Following the above instructions, it looks like you need to jumper pin 4 or 5 with pin 8 on the diag connector. I did this with a paperclip, and it does not change the flashing. Am I doing something wrong? It just keeps constantly flashing, it does not flash....flash flash for 12 or anything.

Any suggestions? I am going to try some copper wire when I get home, maybe the paperclip isn't conducting enough. The paperclip works in my Trooper's diag terminal so I can't see why it wouldn't work here.

Anyway, the VX is running and shifting fine, I'm hoping its just a sensor or something.

Thanks - Bart

Axelivan
02/04/2013, 05:55 PM
Hi Bart, did you get your TOD light problem solve? I got mine flashing. I'm thinking from exactly after a hard brake on a red light

nfpgasmask
02/05/2013, 08:36 AM
Hi Bart, did you get your TOD light problem solve? I got mine flashing. I'm thinking from exactly after a hard brake on a red light
Nope, I have not had a chance to work on it again. VX has been....resting. I drive it once or twice a month and that's about it. I would love to find a solution. I might have to bite the bullet and buy OEM sensors at some point. I hope the transfer case is ok.

Bart

frankd14321
02/09/2013, 11:14 AM
WTH.. the above tutorial is gone.. just says "edit"?

kehecross
07/22/2013, 06:35 AM
edit

What happened to the check code instructions? My ABS light just came on and I would like to check the codes. I have read it before a long time ago and know you have to jump pins but I don't know which ones. When I go to deermagnets instruction it says edit 02/06/13.

stonewis
09/02/2013, 11:39 AM
I bookmarked this a long time ago thinking I may need it one day. Well, one day is here and the instructions are gone? Anyone know where I can find it?

The Claw
09/04/2013, 01:52 AM
My TOD has thrown a checklight, any chance the procedure to check the codes is going to comeback soon?

tom4bren
09/04/2013, 04:26 AM
Got'cher back.

Here's the file.

longiotti
09/06/2013, 07:52 AM
nothing on the ABS info?

tom4bren
09/06/2013, 09:03 AM
Try Dis One

The Claw
09/06/2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the data Tom

I got a TOD code 13. From the circuit diagram I think I will need to remove the Front and rear Sensors and check the wiring closely. Anyone else fixed a code 13 before, have any other suggestions?

jarruda
01/11/2014, 03:46 PM
It appears deermagnet has gone through all his old posts and edited them to nothing :(

nfpgasmask
01/11/2014, 04:06 PM
I just uploaded it for those you in need of what was here:

http://www.isuzugeek.org/forumpics/vx/TOD.pdf

Bart

Cobrajet
01/11/2014, 05:25 PM
It appears deermagnet has gone through all his old posts and edited them to nothing :(

Is it a coincident that the episode of Star Trek: TNG I am currently watching is the one where the crew members are disappearing with no trace? Weird...

Maybe DeerMagnet is in an alternate dimension, too.

TexVeX
04/06/2014, 02:31 AM
Hi folks. Now I am having, or did have the TOD coming on at random thingy going on. Yesterday it was doing it and the check light was blinking. I was halfway to taking my son to work. I stopped two places for him to do errands on the way and then to get fast food and suddenly there at Taco Bell as I pulled into the parking spot it quit doing it. If it has stopped and doesn't happen again is there anything I need to worry about still? If it does happen again, all this stuff I just read here and in the document sounds like mechanic talk to me and I am not a very mechanicy kind of chick. So I will need the explanation for dummies even though I am smart in all other things except that and math. I just hope it has resolved.