PDA

View Full Version : VX Revolutions

Pepino
03/02/2008, 08:36 PM
i have been having a problem the past two days with my VX everytime i turn the engine on it looks fine but when i look at the tachometer the RPMs look lower than how it use to be before, other thing that happened was that as the RPM's where dropping my lights were getting dimmer.
then also as i am driving and pressing the gas everything seems fine but when i stop pressing the gas the RPM's go down really quick and it even breaks the car a little...
other thing that i noticed is that the motor is quieter and it doesnt seem that forced and also i was driving today like 50 miles per hour trying to speed up a little and the two first bars of the TOD system were on this has never happened unless i press the gas pedal all the way down...
can someone help me?

Thanks

Juan Jose:(

etlsport
03/02/2008, 08:58 PM
no strange sounds?
check engine light?

from your description of the TOD lights it sounds like your wheels might be under an excessive load... maybe your brakes are stuck?

you would probably have other symptoms if it was a fuel problem, but it couldnt hurt to try changing your fuel filter

don moore
03/02/2008, 09:00 PM
on my tod ..the front wheel lights the first set of three are on all the time when i drive.. but go out when i stop..

Pepino
03/02/2008, 09:05 PM
no starnge sounds at all and no check engine light it even feels smoother and quieter i can go really fast and not notice because of the quietness lol and i dont have anything heavy on my VXand ya thats how my VX usually is the first one is always on as soon as i pass 20 mph but if im going slower than that its off

tom4bren
03/03/2008, 04:26 AM
I agree with Eric. Start with the fuel filter & run a bottle of fuel injector cleaner every month or two. If that doesn't fix it then maybe start thinking about the fuel pressure regulator. The symptoms sound like your Mass Airflow Sensor but that would be throwing a code.

johnnyapollo
03/03/2008, 05:42 AM
You may not be getting enough juice to the motor - have your battery and alternator checked. The engine should run off the alternator once started but there's still a trickle when you let off the engine, like at idle when the voltage drops - at that point it's relying more on the stored energy of the battery - if you have a bad cell it can cause the engine to power down and you end up losing it at the plugs - when accelerating you have more available amps at the alternator so you don't see the power loss. Have you had any issues starting? Just some suggestions.

-- John