PDA

View Full Version : Passenger side window off track

Riprock
03/22/2008, 12:07 PM
Well, after waiting two years to find the time and the money, I finally had a new engine put in my 99 Vehicross... The bad news is because it sat for so long passenger window motor started to fail when I decided to lower the window while driving a few days ago. When I saw it was having problems, I instantly reversed direction to get it back up. Anyway it decided to stop half way up, so I forced it up by pulling it up manually and hitting the up control which was suppling some help... Well I got it all the way up, but not with out it getting pulled out of its track. Now I have all the elements finding there way in... rain, snow...etc..

So long story short, does anyone know how to get the inside door skin off so I can see if i can reseat the window?

Ldub
03/22/2008, 12:56 PM
Well, after waiting two years to find the time and the money, I finally had a new engine put in my 99 Vehicross... The bad news is because it sat for so long passenger window motor started to fail when I decided to lower the window while driving a few days ago. When I saw it was having problems, I instantly reversed direction to get it back up. Anyway it decided to stop half way up, so I forced it up by pulling it up manually and hitting the up control which was suppling some help... Well I got it all the way up, but not with out it getting pulled out of its track. Now I have all the elements finding there way in... rain, snow...etc..

So long story short, does anyone know how to get the inside door skin off so I can see if i can reseat the window?

Grats on getting the new plant in.

I'm guessing you don't stop by very often...:smilewink

There are about a gazillion posts on how to do everything you need to do. Just do a forums search (left sidebar) using "windows" as your search criteria.:thumbup:

Hint: look in the "how to" section (right side bar) for an article about a door handle not opening...pics & everything.

Riprock
03/22/2008, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback.... Lots of work to do on it to get it back to where I want it! But very excited to have it back on the road.