PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in foreign lands-engine hesitation

Mr.Badguy
03/22/2008, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone! just want to take a moment to wish everyone a happy Easter before going into my situation.

I drove from New Jersey to Kentucky on friday, 3/21. everything was going well until i almost reach my destination. about 150 miles after my last fill-up at a scary shell station my VX is bucking when i accelerate. Its not bucking from the tranny trying to shift....but i don't know for sure...it just seems that when you step on the gas it just bucks....forward and backward. I called an isuzu dealer down here, whom i've never been to before and he said it could be any number of things but suggested a spark plug change and tune up. would a clogged fuel filter cause the buck sensation?? it has been changed, but that was 40,000 miles ago. i'm at 93,000 miles now, and i really have been keeping up on the repairs and maintenance. i haven't done a tune up yet though. any help would be great. i'm supposed to be driving back to NJ on monday, but it looks like its going to a garage that day. any help with a diagnosis would be great. i can't get it too an isuzu dealer till wednesday, their earliest appointment down here, so i'm going to take it to a local garage instead. Like i said, any help would be great. thanks in advance.

have to add one more thing...My VX was a marvel at one of the rest stops on the way down. one guy saw me pass him on the interstate and he followed me into the rest stop to find out more about my VX. You have the good with the bad sometimes, and just reminds me how i love my VX.

James

Triathlete
03/22/2008, 04:34 PM
Check engine light on? If so have the codes read and let us know which codes are tripped. Might also be a clogged fuel line or injectors. But like the shop said, there are a lot of things that can cause this.

Ldub
03/22/2008, 04:50 PM
Try disconnecting the neg battery cable for 20 mins to reset the ECU...might get you home.:_wrench:

4X4 UFO
03/22/2008, 10:43 PM
James
Could be water in the gas from that last fill up. I had those symptoms once, and draining the tank and putting in new fuel cleared it up. There may still be some water trapped in the filter, so replacing it might not be a bad idea.
Randy

WiSDoM
03/23/2008, 06:26 AM
I would change the fuel filter and make sure you disconnect the battery and maybe even the fuel relay fuse before the removal. good luck

Mr.Badguy
03/23/2008, 08:10 AM
thanks for the suggestions. i too think it was the fuel i got. it goes to the shop tomorrow. i will have them look at everything everyone has suggested. i got the gas in ohio, and with all the rain they have been getting lately its possible there is water in the fuel. thanks again. enjoy the holiday.