PDA

View Full Version : Hands-down the most rediculous load ever...

nfpgasmask
03/26/2008, 10:02 AM
OK, instead of retyping everything I just posted, I will just link to it:

http://nfpgasmask.livejournal.com/41945.html

I don't know what I was thinking, but that doesn't really matter, because it worked.

So let this be a formal challenge for someone to out-do me! :bgwo:

Bart

bigkoala1
03/26/2008, 10:14 AM
why didnt you take the tire out of the roof basket and tie the strips to the roof rack?

nfpgasmask
03/26/2008, 10:19 AM
why didnt you take the tire out of the roof basket and tie the strips to the roof rack?

That was the original plan, and might have worked better, but it was late, I was tired, and I just started shuving it into the tailgate, and it worked! Plus, the 15' foot trim pieces were really floppy. I was worried about stability and breakage if I put them up top. Nowadays, it seems trim is made from a cardboard like material that is rather fragile. I mangled a few pieces of it with the ratchet straps in the process, but 90% of it survived.

Bart

Spike
03/26/2008, 10:20 AM
That is just way too funny...

More people should do off the wall/genius stuff like this! Because it will bring confusion and/or smiles to the tunnel-visioned masses who just happen to witness such events!

johnnyapollo
03/26/2008, 10:25 AM
I end up taping or shrink wrapping both ends and sliding about half out the front passenger side window. It'll sit diagonally back to the corner behind the driver, but ou have to adjust the passenger seat. I used pieces of foam or blankets to cover anything that might get abraded (like the center arm rest, the back corner, seat and window seal. If the load isn't heavy (like quarter round or other thing stock) I also elevate the window and "clamp" the stock to the wind-deflector. It keeps things from moving.

-- John

nfpgasmask
03/26/2008, 10:29 AM
That is just way too funny...

More people should do off the wall/genius stuff like this! Because it will bring confusion and/or smiles to the tunnel-visioned masses who just happen to witness such events!

LOL, I wouldn't go so far as to call it "genius", off the wall, yes, but imo, certainly not the smartest thing I have ever done! :p

Bart

ZEUS
03/26/2008, 10:57 AM
YAY, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE! You need to get yourself a Sanford and Sons trailer like mine! Amateur! :)

nfpgasmask
03/26/2008, 11:14 AM
YAY, I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE! You need to get yourself a Sanford and Sons trailer like mine! Amateur! :)

Yeah, a little trailer is actually a good idea. Eventually, especially if I ever get a quad...

Bart

snowtrooper1966
03/26/2008, 12:26 PM
If you were driving a Dragon, I'd say you added a tail....
That, my friend is one hellava bit o' engineering.
James

CrnCnn
03/26/2008, 03:49 PM
We have access to a truck, thats all I am gonna say.

Chopper
03/26/2008, 03:59 PM
You forgot the ratchet strap to hold up that door (shame it's not easier to take off)

nfpgasmask
03/26/2008, 04:27 PM
You forgot the ratchet strap to hold up that door (shame it's not easier to take off)

Actually, its hard to see, but I had a bungy holding the tailgate closed on the trim...

Bart

Pepino
03/26/2008, 04:31 PM
i thought it was really funny the comment asking you if you were part mexican lol

Chopper
03/26/2008, 04:34 PM
Nice house...you get to finish it the way you want.....even better.

snowtrooper1966
03/26/2008, 04:40 PM
Nice house...you get to finish it the way you want.....even better.

I got to do the same thing on the company's dime. I live on property and was able to rennovate a building that should have been condemmed. I was able to breathe new life into it. Nothing like being able to design (within reasnonable budgetary constraints) your own place.....
You guys will be able to check it out next month!
Have fun, Bart!

mdwyer
03/26/2008, 05:39 PM
So let this be a formal challenge for someone to out-do me! :bgwo:

Well, I think that tops my story. I was trying to move 8' x 3' sheets of gridwall, thinking I could just put them on my roof rack. I found out when I got to the parking lot that I don't have a roof rack.

*grumble* (http://how-to-spell-ridiculous.com/)

tomdietrying
03/26/2008, 06:56 PM
LOL.....I couldn't see the pics at work because it was blocked.....I was wondering what all the hubbub was about. LOL That was halarious!
Thanks for the smile.
Peace.
Tom

Ascinder
03/28/2008, 03:57 PM
It looked like you had half a suspension bridge hanging out the back:eek:. Out of curiousity, why didn't you tie it down like you do the canoe?

nfpgasmask
03/28/2008, 04:02 PM
It looked like you had half a suspension bridge hanging out the back:eek:. Out of curiousity, why didn't you tie it down like you do the canoe?

Well, if the trim was made from actual wood, I think I would have been able to carry it up top, but since trim is now made from a cardboard like material, it was just too flimsy. I was pushing it with the way I had it. I actually snapped one of them and mangled the edges of another with the ratchet strap...

The best part is, I think I might be short a board or two, so I may be doing this again, but at least it will only be a few this time!

:) Bart