PDA

View Full Version : A/T Oil Temp light on

DeepSilentComplete
04/01/2008, 06:16 AM
Coming into work this morning the beast was idling at 3000 rpm (yikes!!!) and then the A/T Oil Temp light came on. This can't be good!

Anyone know what's up with this? Can I make it to the repair facility, approximately 10 miles away. Thoughts? Ideas? Prayers? ;oor;

tom4bren
04/01/2008, 07:30 AM
Thoughts - I'd risk the drive - just keep it slow & stay in the right lane in case the temp rises again.

Ideas - Idle sensor and/or Fuel Pressure Regulator causing the high idle which I guess could lead to the AT temp (just taking a shot in the dark).

Prayers - 'Course.

Good luck & keep us posted.

tom4bren
04/01/2008, 07:33 AM
Hopefully you'll have her ready for the trip to Luray in a few weeks:)

DeepSilentComplete
04/02/2008, 07:16 PM
Ok, here is the skinny on the beast. You may recall that the she was idling at 3000 rpm and the A/T Oil Temp light came on. The mech told me that the intake manifold gasket needs to be replaced. It is leaking air and causing the fast idle. The warranty will cover replacement of this.

As to the A/T Oil light, they told me that the transmission needs a full flush as it did overtemp. I can understand that. What I do not understand is that my after-market warranty company said this is not covered because this is a normal maintenance item.

It may well be a normal maintenance item, but I have had the beast less than a year and wouldn't have done that flush till this summer most likely.

Anyone have a maintenance schedule that tells when that needs to be done? My VX has just over 77K miles on it and I bought it last May from a dealer here in Northern Virginia. It had about 73K on it when I bought it.

It seems to me that the trans flush should be covered and that maybe there is something else going on there.

Any thoughts?

rowhard
04/02/2008, 07:46 PM
Trans flush is a 20 k item, and if the previous owner didn't follow the script, that might be your problem. As far as who pays, well, good luck, it is a service item