PDA

View Full Version : Moab Idea

nfpgasmask
04/08/2008, 10:02 AM
Hey everyone, I was thinking about Moab this year, and how cool it would be to have like a souvenier book of the trip. What I would like to do, is get a portrait of everyone who is attending this year while we are in Moab, of course with their VXes. Then load up the book with a bunch of shots from the week. Of course, we will have all my camera gear and Linda will be shooting loads of pics again, plus, with everyone elses pics we should be able to get a nice book put together.

I have been messing around with Blurb and their book software:

http://www.blurb.com/

I have heard the quality is pretty nice.

So what does everyone think? I think we should have a "meet and greet" sometime during the week where we can all check out eachother's rides and shoot the breeze. With everyone together, this would be a good opportunity to get all the portraits taken. That said, the McDonalds parking lot isn't the nicest backdrop. So maybe we could plan like a 2-3 hour meet and greet somewhere scenic?

Anyone have any input? Good idea? Stupid idea? Let me know.

Bart

nocturnalVX
04/08/2008, 10:08 AM
Awesome idea Bart! The best photos from everybody's shots in one keepsake... I like it!

kodiak
04/08/2008, 10:13 AM
That would be cool, I wish I could go. I am going to be in Vietnam that week on business. That’s sad because Moab is my backyard.:(

tomdietrying
04/08/2008, 10:39 AM
I like it! Put me down for one.
Peace.
Tom

P.S.
I'm not sure what kind of backdrop you want, but isn't there a creek/swimming hole somewhere just outside of town?

Todd Adams
04/08/2008, 10:43 AM
Is there anyone on the board that is going to Moab and is not going to go Tuesday on the VX run? If everyone is going to be there Tuesday then we can just do this during an extended lunch. I am sure we can find a scenic backdrop. I have picked a trail that will be suitable for all.
Todd

nfpgasmask
04/08/2008, 10:53 AM
Cool, then. Yeah, Tuesday would be good too, I am just afraid we will be crunced for time like we were last year. As long as we all get our asses-in-gear we should be able to get the portraits then.

Bart

crager34
04/08/2008, 12:04 PM
Great Idea.

Todd Adams
04/08/2008, 12:14 PM
Cool, then. Yeah, Tuesday would be good too, I am just afraid we will be crunced for time like we were last year. As long as we all get our asses-in-gear we should be able to get the portraits then.

Bart

I'm taking charge and we won't be pressed for time (weather permitting)
Todd

nfpgasmask
04/08/2008, 12:28 PM
I'm taking charge and we won't be pressed for time (weather permitting)
Todd

Awesome.

Just remember everyone, take HIGH-RES photos, and don't delete them! I will have a way for everyone to send me their favorites for the book after Moab.

Bart

VXIRONwoMAN
04/08/2008, 12:32 PM
This is awesome!!! Very cool idea! I am in and I will be there on Tues. or I am planning to anyway.

MSHardeman
04/08/2008, 05:43 PM
Bart,

This is a fantastic idea; count me in. I'll make sure that ALL of my brake lights work this year so Vicki isn't immortalized all out of whack. Nothing like a coffee table book of VX's to go along with all of the other VX stuff I have. People are REALLY starting to worry about me.

CrnCnn
04/08/2008, 06:15 PM
Sounds sweet to me(us)