PDA

View Full Version : right signal light not working!!!

mssn23
04/08/2008, 03:31 PM
I just purchased a 99 vehicross. It was working great for about a week. Then today I put on my right signal light and it blows the fuse. and I also lose power windows until I replace the fuse for the signal light. The left one is working fine. Any help would be great.

Thanks, Mark

VehiGAZ
04/08/2008, 04:54 PM
Sounds like a shorted wire going to one of the turn signal assemblies?

mssn23
04/08/2008, 05:11 PM
Thats what I think but now it's dark. So trial and error tomorrow!!!

SilverBullet75
04/08/2008, 09:11 PM
Take only left turns!:bwgy:

DarkWing
04/09/2008, 07:39 PM
Hey, you should feel good. Most people would have NEVER known they had the problem, they don't use the Blinkers.

Hey, Blinkers always come before Brakes, EVEN in the dictionary.

D.W.

Trudy Carp
04/10/2008, 10:40 AM
Does your VX have a afternarket trailer connector? That's been my problem
in the past when I had turn signal issues. My left one came on and just stayed on. No blinking, but right one worked normally. How do they function when the park lamps or headlamps are on? Turned out the convertor that came with the trailer wiring had shorted out.
I do possess a new combo switch. I bought it when they were on back order with no ship date and I found it at another dealer in Kentucky. It was
mis-diagnosed by a local shop as being the combo switch and turned out to
just need a new trailer wiring kit. I kept the switch because it only fits a VX
and you never know.

don moore
04/10/2008, 10:45 AM
I remember having a right signal error show up on my dash(you know that little arrow pointing to the right)for some reason it started blinking ..I cant remeber what I did or how it started..So I took it to my Shop..they said it happens some times and they fixed it ...plus they said there might be a left one show up...not to worry .they told me the next time it happens to just wiggle the stick thingy on the left side of the wheel..it was made to solve the problem they said.....:bgwp::bgwo::bgwg::bgwb: